In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. 1 Peter 1: 6-8
We all know that stay at home moms work really hard, and Krystal has been no exception. From loving on their 3 children, managing schedules, organizing the home, grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning to serving others in her community - she's done it all! However, as her condition has progressed, she is unable to care for her family, and more recently, herself.
Now it is our turn! As a community, let's step in to love and support the Warwicks through this difficult season, as Tommy continues to work full-time while caring for Krystal and the kids.
As you can imagine, good care does not come cheap! Full-time care for Krystal and the children is more than this family (or any!) can manage. We have an awesome team working to line up the best possible care solutions, but we need your help to make it happen!
How you Can Help:Update 9/1/13:
Throughout this journey, all of us have seen repeating evidence of God’s grace. On the darkest and hardest of days, there have been visits, notes, meals, and donations. Grace
This week we received an exceptionally generous, anonymous, donation that helped us reached our goal of raising $20,000 for the Warwick family. Their only request was that God get the glory. Grace.
Another blessing came last week in the form of financial assistance from the state that will cover some of Krystal’s care. Grace.
Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed, served, and helped us meet our goal. What a tremendous burden to take from their family as they take care of Krystal and the kids. Grace.
During the first few months of the summer things moved and progressed and changed so quickly, it was hard to know what would be the same from week to week. Now, as Krystal’s condition has stabilized a little and school is getting ready to start, here is a quick update:
- Tommy has been able to switch his work schedule to days
- They have found an awesome permanent nanny for the kids that starts this week.
- We have added more meals to the meal schedule: http://www.TakeThemAMeal.com/meals.php?t=KPKJ9415
- Awesome friends, family, and church members have shown up in EVERY way to bless the family from cleaning out the car, planting flowers, to building ramps and stocking up the pantry.
Your donations via this website, checks, and transfers, have allowed this family to get the best possible, and consistent care for Titus, Eli, and Miriam. The funds raised will cover 100% off the childcare costs, and the remainder of Krystal’s care in entirety for the next 6 months.
Looking ahead- We are going to keep this website up even though our goal has been reached. This is going to be a long and expensive journey for this family, and if you feel called to go above and beyond in your blessing of them. Please do! We will also continue to share with you updates on how Krystal and her family are walking on this journey.
Again, thank you for your amazing generosity that has served as such a tangible evidence of God’s Grace in the Warwick’s lives.
- Feb 25th: initial seizure, 10 days after Miriam's birth
- March 22nd: tumor removal surgery
- Diagnosed with oligoastrocytoma
- Radiation for 6 weeks
- MRI's every 3 months
- July 15: seizure
- Ongoing chemotherapy (pill type for one week each month)
- February: MRI/PET scan showed growth of original tumor
- April 5th: Gamma Knife Surgery
- June 5th: multiple seizures,as a side effect of Gamma Knife
- Summer, Fall: clean MRI's
- December: MRI very encouraging (no new growth & shrinkage of existing tumors)
On November 19th Krystal went to be with her Lord and Savior. She died peacefully after her nearly 3 year battle with brain tumors in the comfort of her home.
- March 27th: routine MRI showed growth & new tumors
- April 4th: Gamma Knife Surgery
- May: IV chemo begins, to be administered 1x/month for a year alongside Avastin (aggressive treatment)
- June 22nd: reported numbness/tingling on right side extremeties, began "stumbling"
- July 2nd: routine MRI revealed another new tumor (located on the brain stem), IV chemo discontinued as ineffective, return to chemo in pill form, steroids ceased, ongoing memory loss, extreme fatigue, & language deficits
- July 4th: enjoyed the Bothell 4th of July parade with her family under her own power, still mobile on July 7th
- July 8th: right side no longer functional, now requires a wheel chair and full-time assistance to maintain safety
If I donate, where will the money go?
100% of the donated funds (after the PayPal fee) will go directly to 3 critical needs:
- Childcare for Titus almost 6, Eli almost 4, & Miriam 2.5
- Medical expenses
- Home health care for Krystal
To ensure 100% of your donations are correctly routed to these 3 priorities, we have set up a joint account with checks and balances throughout the process. If you would like to know more about how the money will be managed, please email Todd Neuharth at: [email protected]
This website does not charge a fee for hosting, but PayPal does charge a 2.9% processing fee, plus $0.30 per transaction.
To avoid fees (especially on larger donations), there is an option to direct transfer money from your PayPal account to: [email protected]
Or you can mail a check payable to Tommy Warwick c/o: Todd Neuharth 17608 20th Dr SE Bothell, WA 98012