Naomi Gregurich/Brigette Pennings
They had a conference call with Milwaukee Thursday 3/28. He now has at least 3 tumors in his spine as well as the ones in his lungs. These are not on his spinal cord. They are actually in the spine bone. They told us that without a miracle and without further chemo, that he will probably only be with us another 2 or 3 months. With chemo, maybe 4 to 6 months.
Any IV chemo will have bad side effects and very likely could land him back in the hospital. They do have chemo in a pill form that should not have those side effects and would allow him to feel better and be home more. It's looking like he will choose this option.
Radiation does not have a record for helping with osteosarcoma tumors. However, as things progress and he is experiencing pain, he can have radiation then, as it has been known to help with pain.
They were hoping after the benefit in May that we could take a family trip of his choosing, but by that time, if he is still with us, he may not be able to fly. Dylan would like to take a family trip to Las Vegas to visit one of his best friends, unfortunately Dylan can not wait until after the benefit to take this trip.