Our Neighborhood 1st & 2nd Graders Need Your Help!
For the past 15 years, hundreds of families have depended on the high quality enrichment offered through the Village Learning Place's Let’s Invest in Neighborhood Kids (LINK) After School program. This year, so many students signed up for LINK After School that the waitlist has grown to include enough children for an additional 1st and 2nd grade class.
We don’t want to turn these children away, but we’ll need to raise $15,000 for the school year, with an initial deadline of $5,000 by September 30. In other words, we need the community’s help and we need it fast!
Why is LINK important?
- The VLP serves as an anchor and a partner in creating a healthy, cohesive community in Baltimore.
- 100% of LINK students attend Title I schools and more than half live in single-female head-of-household homes.
- LINK has excellent track record of recruiting and retaining students.
- LINK meets three ambitious goals:
- Closing the achievement gap for all students.
- Promoting positive social development.
- Engaging families in their students’ academic and social success.
- In addition to making academic progress, many students write their first poem, launch their first rocket, and see the Chesapeake Bay for the first time during LINK.
Don’t delay – please help us get these very deserving students off the waitlist and into the classroom. And once you donate, please help us spread the word. Any amount is appreciated as we work to make our goal!