The Town Center Project is a new 501(c)(3) non-profit initiative created to restore the vibrancy of Hebron’s historic center. Started by a small group of local residents, our goal is to build community by attracting visitors and showcasing Hebron as a “see, eat, and do” destination.
By engaging residents and working together in a collaborative effort, we intend to reinvent the historic heart of Hebron, the place we call home.
We believe Hebron needs a new paradigm for growth, and it starts with “place-making,” a concept for building community involvement by creating gathering places where people choose to go to spend their leisure time.
Two hundred and fifty years ago, that "place" was our town green, but the green is long gone and we must find new ways to attract people into our town center by giving them reasons to come. That means hosting art festivals, summer concerts, cultural events and holiday celebrations and more, all centered around Hebron's business district, our Main Street.
Come and Have Fun!
We’re starting in 2018 with a series of “happenings” to take place in our hometown downtown, called "Feet on the Street" Festivities. We're inviting people to come into town to hang out with friends and family, grab a bite to eat, listen to music, play games, and spend time together.
- Lazy Days of Summer - Low-tech games and activities on late summer Sunday afternoons.
- Town-wide Tag Sale - Spring-cleaning Hebron style, at your home or in town.
- July 4th "Wheels in Motion" Parade - An old-fashioned celebration with a twist—everyone will be on wheels! After all, it’ll be on Rte. 66.
- Summer Concert Series - Enjoy 3 bi-weekly nights of outdoor music this summer in our downtown.
- Harvest Moon Happenings - A full day of fun and games to end our outdoor events.
Help Us Out
The Town Center Project is made up of people who love Hebron. No paid staff here, we’re all volunteers. Our Board members have all reached into their own pockets to contribute (even before we had our 501c3 non-profit status).
Even with amazing volunteers and a supportive community, we can't do it alone. We need people who share our vision and are willing to invest in making it a reality.
We need YOU.
Please join us by making a donation right here, right now.
Prefer not to do it online? Just write a check to “The Town Center Project,” and mail it to P.O.Box 153, Hebron, CT 06248-0153
- Become a member of our Founder’s Society with a gift of $500 or more
- Be a Hebron Hero – with a gift between $100 and $499
- Be a Champion! – with a gift of under $100
All donations are tax-deductible. Please give generously. THANK YOU!
For updates and more information, visit our Facebook page, or email [email protected]