***BREAKING NEWS*** OHorizons Foundation Receives a generous Grant From United For Puerto Rico
OHorizons Foundation was awarded a grant in the amount of $100,000 from United For Puerto Rico (Unidos Por Puerto Rico). The donation will allow us to continue our efforts to support a resilient recovery on the island of Puerto Rico. The focus of United For Puerto Rico is to work with organizations such as OHorizons that provide assistance to those devastated by hurricanes Irma and María.
OHorizons is providing solutions and essential needs that assist residents to rebuild their lives and communities. The funding will support our next deployment of relief efforts slated for April 2018.
An announcement of those efforts will be forthcoming. Check back soon.
PS: There is still time to support our ongoing efforts. Consider a donation or please let your social networks know about our work, so we can continue to help those that need it the most! www.youcaring.com/ShineBright-PuertoRico #ShineBrightPuertoRico
*** YOUR IMPACT***
Your donations have already provided relief and hope to thousands of Puerto Ricans. The videos and photos show some of our relief recipients from completed distributions in: Rio Grande, Utuado, Jayuya, and Humacao. Every dollar we raise goes to support Puerto Ricans trying to survive and thrive post-Maria. But we still need your help.
Read on to learn how you can help or continue to spread the word that help is still needed…
Puerto Rican families are still in dire need of relief...
Our aim is to help people living in rural, at risk, and under-served municipalities in Puerto Rico. In the rural and under-served communities we’re supporting, it’s estimated that they won’t get permanent public fixes to these basic human needs for another 6 - 12 months!
- People are still without power.
- People still don't have access to clean drinking water.
to provide hope and empowerment to these families with easy-to-use and long lasting solar lights and water filters.
How You Can Help:
Our aim is to help people living in rural, at risk, and under-served municipalities in Puerto Rico.
Every dollar helps. The more money we raise, the more communities we can reach. With your help we can reach all of our targeted rural, at risk, under-served municipalities across Puerto Rico.
Here are some examples of what your donation will provide:
• $25 will provide access to clean water for 100 people, a cost of 25 cents per person
• $50 will provide four shareable inflatable solar lights
• $75 will provide a solar home lighting and charging system
• $100 will provide water filtration and a solar home lighting and charging system
• $300 will provide a portable generator for bed-ridden patients
• $2500 will provide a hospital with emergency solar refrigeration for medicines and vaccines
Why We’re Different:
At OHorizons, we have the expertise to help solve the critical issues Puerto Rico faces. We specialize in providing simple, sustainable, scalable, and empowering solutions throughout the developing world. Building on our experience providing clean water solutions in Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, and South America, we are using our on-the-ground connections and resources to provide clean water access and off-grid energy and light solutions to the Puerto Rican people - supporting rural and under-served communities that may not get permanent fixes to these daily necessities for another 6 - 12 months. And because we are in constant contact with each municipality, we are customizing the mix of these solutions to each community based on their needs.
Our Empowering Solutions:
From our local connections in Puerto Rico, we have heard again and again that the resources needed most urgently are electricity, access to clean drinking water, and refrigeration. Accordingly, we are providing several solutions that meet these immediate needs. These include:
• Small and portable inflatable solar lights.
• Solar battery systems with three lights and USB charging (cell phones, etc) for families.
• Membrane water filters that remove over 99.999% of bacteria and protozoa that cause water-borne illness.
• Portable generators ideal for emergency situations.
• Solar powered refrigeration to help ensure that hospitals are able to keep medicines and vaccines refrigerated without electricity, in addition to preserving food.
Please join us in supporting the people of Puerto Rico. Any donation amount is appreciated and no gift is too small.
Thank you in advance.
Shine Bright Puerto Rico! ¡Brilla Fuerte Puerto Rico!