THE HIDDEN COST OF BEATING CANCER
I am clawing my way back from beating two terminal cancers — five years of being near death. I never explained how hard the past five years have been — out of self-preservation I could not let myself feel the massive pain, terror, and despair I was in EVERY DAY.
I also didn’t acknowledge what my husband did to help save my life — he denied himself help while enduring painful disabling late-stage Lyme disease, heavy metal poisoning and arteriosclerosis. Dave’s devotion damaged his arteries, brain, and GI tract, and drove him to the brink of a heart attack.
WE ARE STRUGGLING
Dave and I are struggling and desperate for help — this month (December) we can’t make rent, are behind on bills, and have had to stop badly needed treatments to recover and ensure cancer doesn’t threaten my life again. We can finally work some, but have to start our businesses from almost nothing.
I feel so embarrassed that I still need help. It’s been a long road that seems never ending.
PERMANENT EFFECTS FROM CANCER TREATMENTS — ALL OUT OF POCKET
Even though almost all my treatments were functional or alternative (NOT chemo or broad radiation), my body was ravaged by five years of the strong treatments I needed to save my life.
- permanent brain injury
- adrenal insufficiency and must take daily medication
- dysautonomia (POTS)
- severe osteoporosis
- permanent spine deformity
Our lives have been ravaged by five years of struggle to save my life. While I am alive (yay!), the cost has been huge. We are destitute, exhausted, and still each battle multiple medical issues.
We both desperately want to return to being of service to individuals and to the greater human community — I through my channeling services, and Dave through his amazing Paradox Cure. But we need help NOW.
We Did What Doctors Said Was Impossible
“You have two months to live. There is nothing we can do. Go home and get your affairs in order.”
Cancer #1 – In August of 2012 we listened as doctors told us that cancer — melanoma, Stage 4C (TERMINAL END STAGE) — had metastasized all over my body and into my brain. Several doctors said there was nothing they could do. Few people ever survive stage 4C metastatic melanoma with metastasis throughout the body and brain. It was up to Dave to figure out how to beat end stage terminal cancer, against insurmountable odds.
Cancer #2 – In August of 2015 we found out I had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis — I had 7 tumors in my spinal cord.
THREE WEEKS TO LIVE
Almost no one survives this – our world class surgeon told us out of 1,000 patients of his that had the same medical conditions that I had everyone died within months except one person made it for almost 2 years then died. I AM THE ONLY ONE that is alive out of over 1,000.
We did what it took – EVERYTHING that could give me a better chance to survive without using the toxicity of chemo or radiation. We did it while suffering crippling poverty and isolation, while Dave suffered the devastating effects of late-stage chronic Lyme Disease with severe pain, heavy metal poisoning from 2 hip replacements, and several debilitating conditions unknown to him at the time.
Together, we did more treatments than 25 people put together would do over their entire lifetime! Between us over five years, we had more than 1,000 healthcare appointments, 300,000+ pills, 8,500+ coffee enemas, and much more. The stats of what we did to survive over 5 years is staggering.
Gave Up So Much, Isolated & Near Destitution
No one to this day knows what we have been through, suffered or what we did to beat terrible odds to just live.
We gave up so much
being at parents’ deathbeds, grieving Dave’s kitty companion of 15 years, having friends, going anywhere except doctor visits, celebrating Talyaa’s children’s birthdays, and giving each other holiday and birthday gifts. Gave up even simple things like going for walks or seeing a sunset.
Terribly alone and isolated
had no time or energy to seek community or friends. Dave had to make daily life-or-death decisions by himself with no help from doctors, never knowing if he was making the right choice.
On the edge of destitution
subsisted (and still do) on donations and government aid, could not work because we had to each spend all our time (several full time jobs’ worth) researching, procuring, or doing the treatments that saved me, all while being terribly debilitated and in pain.
I did the hard stuff day after day
weak, frail, and in pain, I still did 4-5 coffee enemas every day for years, drank gallons of nasty-tasting green juices, injected myself with painful stinging mistletoe, endured dozens of arduous home IVs, and underwent six different invasive brain treatments including two surgeries. I was so weak I could barely stand much of the time. I crawled up the stairs. I could not drive for years. I was down to 89 lbs at one point.
My Emotional Ordeal
I had to give up my close connection to my beloved children, lacking the strength to communicate with them much and the money to send them Christmas or birthday gifts. I gave up talking to my friends, ashamed of how out of touch I had become and how little strength I had to talk. The four walls of our apartment — and Dave — became my entire world.
Dave Gave Up Almost Everything To Save His Beloved Soulmate & Wife
- his health
- satisfaction of supporting others
- building his business
- participating in friend’s life events
- leading communities
- emotional support from his weekly men’s group
- joy of dancing Argentine tango in his community
- connection with others in tantra community
- living his Destiny
Our Financial Devastation
How We Beat Cancer — only part of the story over 5 years
- maxed out all our credit with overwhelming debt
- for 5 years (and currently) rely on donations to pay rent and buy food & treatments
- had to be on food stamps for 10 months
- cannot now pay January bills
- over 67-95 herbs and supplements daily
- Vitamin C IV’s (Dave learned to give them to me in our home)
- juiced 17 pounds of fresh organic vegetables daily and drank over 82,500 8 ounce jars
- off-label medication use
- 3-5 daily coffee enemas – over 8,500 total
- encapsulated over 28,000 of our own capsules to save money
- tantra workshops
- dozens of intensive body-centered therapy sessions (by Dave) to shift my debilitating beliefs and woundings
- connected online to thousands of friends for healing
- attended community events
- 100's of medical and diagnostic tests
- intensively examined my life to choose a reason to live
- 100's of Core Power Yoga classes in 105 degree heat
- massive overhaul of my diet to an accurate and metabolic choice with organic whole foods
- dozens of doctors with second and third opinions sought
- Dave researched over 4,000 hours to find the best treatments, doctors and became certified as a functional diagnostic nutrition practitioner
Please help us to get on our feet again after our five year ordeal.