As we enter Chicago winter, consider supporting the street-based sex work community in our city! Your donation to SWOP-Chicago allows us to continue seeing over 100 street-based workers a week at three different locations. We provide free condoms, HIV testing, clean needles, toiletries, snacks, and legal resources. By offering a consistent presence on the street, led by and for sex workers, we hope to provide a safe space for people to access resources, network, and support each other.
Many of the most marginalized and vulnerable members of the sex work community are street-based. In a time of increased criminalization of sex work—which disproportionately affects people of color, trans and gender nonconforming people, and people with undocumented status—the urgency of meeting the needs of workers has only increased. Join us as we build community, resources, and support systems together!
We are thankful for donations of any size -- small or large, every dollar helps the community! We are also happy to offer special thank-yous for the following donors:
- Donations of $20 — A SWOP-Chicago button
- Donations of $50 — A bouquet of "Hug a Ho" Stickers
- Donations of $150 — A SWOP-Chicago T-Shirt
- Donations of $250 — A SWOP-Chicago Tote Bag with Handmade Sex Worker Harm Reduction Zines
- Donations of $1000 — A SWOP-Chicago Tote Bag with T-Shirt
- Donations of $2500 — A Tote Bag stuffed with Condoms, two T-Shirts, Stickers, Zines, and Buttons
Thank-You gifts will be available at our December 17 International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers day or mailed directly to donors.
Learn more about all of our programs at http://swop-chicago.org/.