“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: TAKING BACK THE STREETS!!!”
“WE PATROL THE COMMUNITY TO KEEP IT SAFE AND CLEAN”
· To clean up and take back the streets from those who terrorize our people and communities, including those drug dealers and those police officers who act as thugs targeting our people and communities of color.
· To provide programs and projects for youth as viable alternatives to life on the streets.
· To patrol and clean up the streets in high crime and highly policed areas, reaching out to youth who want to change their lives, and exposing police harassment, profiling, and other injustices (while cooperating with police who cooperate with us and do not engage in these corrupt practices).
· To set up business enterprises, programs and projects that put our people to work, and teach other survival skills.
· To set up recreational and educations programs for the youth in communities we patrol.
· To work and cooperate with other organizations and officials, including public safety, who share our mission and objectives.
· Several Atlanta area young Black men, former “gang” members, led by Brother Haroon, tired of life on the streets and in the jails, decided to transform their lives and to reach out to others in similar situations to help them do the same. They were also tired of seeing young Black men killing each other, and racist police harassing, incarcerating and killing their brothers and sisters. So they decided to organize themselves into street patrol units and begin taking back the streets from thugs of all types, and cleaning up their communities---and the Street Groomers was born!
· The Street Groomers are now in demand in many Atlanta area neighborhoods, and in communities in other cities and states, as positive results are immediately noticed in communities they patrol.
· In addition to expanding the number of communities they patrol, their next step is to launch enterprises, programs and projects that benefit and positively transform the youth and communities they patrol.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE
· Volunteer to join our patrols.
· Help raise or contribute funds for both the patrols and the community development programs.
· Attend our marches, rallies and community clean up events.