PROJECT: CONSTRUCTION OF A PERMANENT HOME FOR HOMELESS STREET DOGS' STERILIZATION & RESCUE FACILITY IN KATHMANDU.
Please read this before you read the appeal.
We are the LARGEST rescue/treatment and sterilization facility in Nepal for the homeless street dogs. We are currently concentrated in the capital city, Kathmandu, where there are more than 23,000 stray dogs. We spay/neuter 5 street dogs everyday. We rescue 3 animals everyday on average from Road accidents, skin infections, human violence and other illness/weakness. We help several street animals in re-homing. We actively mass-vaccinate stray dog population to keep both dogs and humans safe from Rabies. Rabies causes 300 deaths every year in Nepal.
We have recently purchased a piece of land in Kathmandu, where we want to build our permanent facility. We are a non-profit, non-governmental organization and rely on donations and fundraising to cover our costs.
Read about our work on KAT's websiteand KAT's Facebook Page.
Construction and Relocation have already started (Watch the Video).
We require funds to effectively build and expand the kennels, cages, run-house, cat-house, surgery room, clinic, medicine supply, rooms for office and volunteers, fencing and foundation works.
Statistics of the street dogs we have helped so far: (Animals we've helped)
VIDEO COLLECTIONS :
Emergency Rescue Video , Animal Birth Control Programme [Spay/Neuter], Our Rescue Team on the Streets, Educational Programmes, Rehoming (Local and International), Incredible Transformation of Sick/Injured Animals
We aim to expand our daily operations by utilizing the 12,000 $ per annummoney we save from rent (current rates) after we move.
Phase I: Foundation Work and preparation:
Materials required: Gravel (15 trucks), Sand (20 Trucks), Excavator Leveling (24 hours), Gabbion Wire (10 pieces), Stones (30 Trucks), Cement (200 packets), Water Tank (3)
Other Costs: Wages for Labor (60 days), Government and Engineer’s Design/Approval (already received).
SEE HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- 5 $ can help pay for half day's work of labor.
- 8 $ can help buy a packet of cement.
- 10 $ can help rent each truck carry rubble from the old site to new site.
- 30 $ can contribute towards covering the cost of an hour of a bulldozer's work.
- 50 $ can contribute towards buying ½ truck of sand.
- 100 $ can contribute towards buying a bundle of Corrugated Tin.
- 200 $ can contribute towards building the dog kitchen.
- 250 $ can contribute towards buying 1 water tank.
- 500 $ can contribute towards building water well.
- 700 $ can contribute towards building a hygienic dog kennel.
- 1000 $ can contribute towards leveling and foundation.
Please share this appeal among your friends, family and social circle. Your help can save numerous street dogs' life and help get them sterilized in many years to come. We will mention all the donations and contribution in the "wall of honor", a monument at our new centre as a reminder of your valuable contribution.
We want to express our sincere thankfulness and gratitude towards all the generous donors who have helped our Fundraising Campaign achieve 27% success.
Please write to us with any questions. [email protected]
Thank you !
- Kathmandu Animal Treatment [KAT] Centre