Posted on October 22, 2017
What is there to say...? Thank you for your help hardly covers it. As you know from our previous update, we went to Stacy's home in Coffey Park on Friday. We found pieces of pottery but everything else is twisted metal and ash. (Sounds like band name...). It is surreal, and finally sinking in...thank goodness for the carbon monoxide alarm and Stacy's quick thinking in response, to just get the hell out. It saved her life. No drama here, just facts.
People, strangers, You have been so kind and generous. Stacy has her beautiful smile back because a friend knew of a dentist in Vallejo who did same day work. He provided dentures for free because of the fire.
The money you all have given will go towards housing. We think that will likely be a travel trailer or RV considering thousands, yes thousands are now looking for homes. We are looking for a place to put it as well. So, please any leads of a travel trailer or RV or a place to put it would be very much appreciated.
Please share again and give again if you can. Oh yeah, check the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms; they really do save lives!