The Ss Peter & Paul Orthodox Church is celebrating is 110th anniversary in September. We are looking to take on needed maintenance to our church entrance. Your donations are tax deductible!!
Saints Peter and Paul Church has been the spiritual home of thousands of Orthodox Christians of northeastern New Jersey since 1907. From a parish community founded by immigrants from Eastern Europe, it has become the home for people of multi-cultures seeking the Orthodox faith from across the country.
The spiritual roots of the century-old community were planted in Alaska in 1794 as an initiative of the North American Ecclesiastical Mission of the Russian Orthodox Church, expanded on the west coast and developed on the east coast as Orthodox emigrated from southeastern Europe in the late 1890’s and following WWII.
The earliest worship and administration of the community were in various house chapels under the guidance of +Father Alexander Hotovitzky, who was a missionary of the Russian Orthodox Church, founder of several parishes in the United States and Canada, and later returned to Russia where he was martyred in 1938.
The parish is part of the Orthodox Church in America, which consists of more than 700 parishes, missions, communities, monasteries and institutions in the United States, Canada and Mexico.