Posted on November 5, 2016
The last time I posted an update was some time ago. Treatment has been rough, on many levels but I'm sticking with it even on days I want to give up. Here is some of what I'm going through:
Imagine the body pains from the worst flu you have ever had.
Then imagine that there are no pain killers available that work to take the pain away. Then imagine that people refuse to believe that you feel that bad because "you look good." And "it's not cancer" so not serious, so they think because they have no idea.
Now imagine battling it, as well as other symptoms, like heart problems, extreme headaches that are worse than migraines, insomnia and overwhelming exhaustion, blackouts, dizziness, joint pain, bone pain, blurry vision that comes and goes depending on the pressure in your head, depression... to name a few... for almost two years straight and because it's so advanced, that it takes so long to treat and get rid of, that people get bored with it and would rather pretend you're fine to the point where it forces you to act "fine" so you don't have every person you know abandon you. Yet people abandon you anyway. ..... That's Late Stage Lyme.
I raised my goal a little because I have things that have come up that affect my health that I cannot pay for. I need help. Winter is almost here in New England and the cold affects my body very badly when I'm on treatment.
What do I need?
• I still need $300 per month to pay for my treatment that insurance won't cover.
• I have insulation that needs to be pulled out of the basement in my 100 year old house that smells like the mice that used to live there. I only got through half of it. It needs to be replaced.
• I need my porch ceiling insulated because part of my bedroom floor is over it so my bedroom gets incredibly cold, in the 50s and sometimes below in winter.
• I need parts of my home towards the front re-insulated for the same reason.
• I need someone to drive me and the kids places when I can't drive, that means paying for an Uber.
• I need my front stairs, there are many, shoveled in the winter.
• I need a car starter because my car takes so long to warm up in winter that I start having really bad reactions before it warms up. It's not fun driving somewhere and having uncontrollable reactions when I'm only halfway to my destination.
• I need new tires for my car. I am the person my kids rely on to get them places.
I'm not asking for a dream vacation, or for people to pay for some experimental treatment, that may or may not work, in another country. All I'm asking for is to be able to improve my quality of life as I go through treatment, and make my treatment less painful, so I can take care of my kids to the best of my ability.
Thank you all for your kindness!