The Rise SC Hurricane Harvey Relief fundraiser provides a platform for Rise SC families and their fans to make tax free donations. 100% of these donations will assist Rise families who have suffered due to Hurricane Harvey.
1. The Fund has been established as a way to assist Rise SC families and staff who have suffered loss during Hurricane Harvey and other hardships.
2. The Fund is available to all Rise SC families and Club coaches.
3. The Club will accept donations on-line or in person or via regular mail.
4. The Fund will not accept any gift or gifts specifically directed to support one or more individuals.
5. Those interested in requesting distributions from the Fund may apply on-line.
6. 100% of dollars contributed to the Fund will be disbursed to those in need. There will be no overhead expense charged to the Fund.
7. Officers, directors or other “disqualified persons” (as defined in Section 4958 of the Code and accompanying IRS regulations) of the Club are ineligible for distributions from the Fund.
8. No individual may receive more than $1,000 per distribution from the Fund without the express approval of the president and executive director.
9. The Board or president and executive director shall select a committee to oversee the Fund. No committee member may apply for or receive distributions from the Fund. The oversight committee will develop and implement procedures for assessing requests and authorizing distributions. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
Proceeds from the Fund will not constitute taxable income to the recipient if the payments are qualified disaster relief payments. A “qualified disaster payment” includes any amount paid to or for the benefit of an individual (only to the extent not compensated for by insurance or otherwise):
· To reimburse or pay reasonable and necessary personal, family, living or funeral expenses incurred as a result of a qualified disaster, or
· To reimburse or pay reasonable and necessary expenses incurred to repair or rehabilitate a personal residence or repair or replace its contents to the extent that the need for the repair, etc., is attributable to a qualified disaster (Section 139(b) of the Code).
11. The Club will make appropriate notices and filings with the IRS and the recipient.