Jason Beaird touched many hearts in his too short time here with us. This was evidenced by the overwhelming presence of friends, family and colleagues who attended his Memorial Service and Funeral Mass and the outpouring of cards, flowers, emails, phone calls and texts we received. We thank you so much for all of your support, prayers and love. We would like to share some comments from the condolences we received:
- Jason touched more people than most of us could ever dream of
- Jason was such an incredibly wonderful person that made this world (and our community) a much better place
- Jason was such a major support for me and saw things in me that no one else, including myself, did. He was a great friend, mentor, big brother, and someone that I tried to model my life after. His courage and positive outlook in life gave me the strength to make major changes in my life and put me on a path where I can give back to others in need. I feel honored, humbled, and blessed to have had him in my life, and cherished the time we spent together. He was always someone I could count on for advice and was a loyal friend.
- Jason was such a joy to work with and I know it broke his heart when he was unable to complete his triathlon last spring. Even as he sat in the hospital last April writing to us that he would be unable to race that weekend, he let us know that he wanted to save his gear to race in later in the summer. That is strength. The amount of money he was able to raise, well over $10,000, was such a testament to who he was.
- I loved Jason so much - he was one of the smartest and funniest guys I ever knew and I am so proud to call him my friend.
- After my first cancer surgery Jason sent me the most beautiful email I think I have ever received. He offered to talk to me if I ever needed some reassurance and he was just wonderful-Jason being Jason. I printed it to keep and have looked at it several times over the months. I can't tell you how special it made me feel that he took time out to write.
- Words cannot describe how much we will miss Jason. He has made an enduring impact on my life. He was a great role model to me and many of the things I try to pass on to my boys are a direct result of my having known Jason. I feel blessed to have worked with him and, more importantly, to have had him as a friend.
Truly Jason had an impact on many lives. At the request of those that were close to him, we have set up the Jason Beaird Memorial Fund to support many of the passions that were near and dear to Jason's heart including: raising two children, fundraising for cancer research via triathlons, participating in University of Florida athletics and coaching Little League baseball teams. Donations to the Memorial Fund may be used for some of the following:
(1) Education of his children - elementary, high school or college
(2) Research into Multiple Myeloma medicines and cures
(3) Establishment of a baseball scholarship at the University of Florida
(4) Capital improvement project at Delaney Park Little League
As you can imagine, the last few weeks have been a whirlwind for us. As things settle down and the vision of the Memorial Fund becomes clearer to us, we may further clarify or find new causes to champion. Please note that currently the Fund is not a 501(c)3 tax exempt charitable entity and your donation is not tax deductible. However, please know, that any donations to the Fund will be shepherded closely.
To make an online donation click on the GIVE NOW button above. You may also send a check - there are 2 ways to do this: (1) to receive an income tax deduction the check must be greater than $500 and be payable to RJ Charitable Endowment Fund with the memo line notated for "Jason Beaird Fund" or (2) smaller checks (currently these are not eligible for an income tax deduction) can be made payable to Raymond James & Associates with the memo line notated for the "Jason Beaird Memorial Fund" . Both types of checks should be mailed to: RiverTree Advisors, Attn: Ted Rich, 1800 Pembrook Dr. Suite 300, Orlando, FL 32810. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
We thank you so much for all of your love, support and donations that we have already received - over $8,000 has been mailed to the Fund already, however this website does not allow us to input this to the Amount Raised above.
And we leave you with this final expression of sympathy we received from one of Jason's friends, "The Lord now has a great man in his kingdom."
To view Jason's blog please visit: http://beaird-gators.blogspot.com/
To view Jason's memorial page please visit: http://www.degusipefuneralhome.com/obituaries/Jason-Beaird/#/Obituary