Help Staten Island - Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund

For: Marisa Russo-Pinto
Organizer: Marisa Russo-Pinto
$767
of $1,000 goal.
Raised by 23 donors
76% Complete
This fundraiser is closed. Thank you for your support!

The Story

As I am sure you all have heard, the devastating Hurricane Sandy hit New York City pretty badly, especially the forgotten borough of Staten Island, the place where I was born and raised. Many friends and families of mine affected by storm are legitimately homeless now, and living in shelters all over the island in places that were kind enough to take them in.. hundreds and hundreds of them. People have not only lost their electricity, but entire homes, clothing, hard earned money, photos and memories, and are living in this cold weather, sleeping on floors without much food or water. Children and infants are even without a single toy. Aside from collecting donation CANNED GOODS, WATER, CLEANING SUPPLIES, PET FOOD, WARM BLANKETS, SOCKS, SWEATERS, and COATS for the victims of this disaster, I am trying to raise some money to donate to the Siller Foundation, a foundation in which former Mayor Giulaini is teaming with in this endeavor. You can find it at this link: https://www.tunneltotowersfoundation.org/hsrl-donate.aspx. It is perfectly legitimate. This foundation has been going on for years since the 9/11 attack. With that being said, all of the money that I raise on this site will go towards and be donated to the "Staten Island Residents fund," in honor of my island that has lost much more than many are willing to admit... more than subway lines and television, but MANY lives, memories, shelter, and years getting back what families have lost. PLEASE donate, even if it is $5. I visited a shelter today at Susan E. Wagner high school and it is a tear-jerking sight. My goal in all of this is to give hope to the areas that I grew up in, and to those who I have been in school with and have known my whole life. Please help us at a time when the only ones helping us is each other. If you are interested in knowing where the shelters or other donation sites are, feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]! *Special thanks to OneReasonRecordings, started by NYU sophomore, Johnathan Chen, a non-profit organization that raises funds for social justice issues around the world through music. OneReasonRecordings has partnered up with Marisa and the Siller Foundation and will donate 20% of all merchandise, donations and album sales towards Marisa’s goal of raising $10,000. The other 80% will go towards their goal of raising $5,000. You can find the album, “Collecting Droplets” online. The best way to help is to donate $5 to http://1reasonrecordings.org/donations/, for every $5 donated, you will be emailed a download code for “Collecting Droplets.” Since 3rd party companies take royalty fees for purchases, this allows for more money to be donated to support the victims of Hurricane Sandy and towards OneReasonRecording’s goal of raising $5,000. You can find OneReasonRecordings Merchandise at: http://1reasonrecordings.org/onereasonrecordingsmerch/. If you are interested in purchasing, you are welcome to order off the site or if you would rather pay in cash/ are unable to purchase online, directly contact Johnathan at [email protected] with what you want to order.*

Fundraiser Updates

There are no updates yet for this fundraiser.

About the Organizer

Report Fundraiser

Report Fundraiser

Please report potential fraud and Terms of Service violations only. Personal disputes will not be reviewed.

We require this in case we need to contact you for further details.*

* YouCaring will not distribute your phone number to any third parties or use it for marketing purposes.

Comments

Supporters

Add Our Donation Widget to Your Site
Grab Our Widget

Help Staten Island - Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund

Grab Our Widget