Your support as voting members & shoppers has been crucial to the success of the Cortes Natural Food Co-op (CNFC) -- now in our 11th year!
We are engaged in a major campaign to purchase the land where our store is located. You can help to secure a permanent home for our store, and invest in the social enterprise we call the "Co-op Commons" or "Heart of the Village," by making a donation:
- At the cash register, any time you shop at the Co-op....
- Or mail a cheque made payable to CNFC to PO BOX 102, Mansons Landing, BC, V0P 1K0 ...
- Or click the GIVE NOW button on this page to donate on-line.
You can make it possible for us to preserve and develop the “Heart of the Village” as a community resource.
For more information about us and this project, please follow the links below.
With Thanks from the Co-op Board of Directors.
WHO WE ARE: Cortes Natural Food Co-op (CNFC) is a unique grass roots organization, for the past 10 years we have been...
- promoting awareness and respect for nature by supplying local, organic, and non-GMO whole foods,
- encouraging consumer purchasing choices that reduce our footprint, working to build food security & local resilience to climate change for our island community,
- providing living-wage jobs for Cortes Islanders,
- serving as a model for cooperative, ecologically & socially responsible business practices for our local community and beyond.
LOCATION: We are located on a 2.8 acre parcel of land in the centre of Manson's Landing village, on Cortes Island BC.
Cortes Natural Food Co-op provides high quality wholesome food at fair prices supporting environmental and economic sustainability. We support organic and local industries and goods that promote a healthy lifestyle.
VISION & GOALS:
- Foster individual and group empowerment
- Participate in shared decision-making process and goodwill
- Encourage community involvement and volunteering
- Create income opportunities
- Nurture meaningful social interaction
- Establish a forum for information and resource sharing
- Source only non Genetically Modified foods
- Stock high quality products emphasizing local, organic, and sustainable wild crafted goods
- Use cooperative buying power to reduce cost to the consumer and the environment
- Lower transportation impact
- Minimize packaging
- Connect local producers, workers and consumers
- Expand market for local products and keep dollars local
Thanks to a great deal of community spirit and volunteer service, the Co-op was formally incorporated in 2004. Today, 600+ member families enjoy abundant, healthy, earth-friendly grocery foods and products, worker members enjoy a fair wage, and local farms and businesses are steadily growing to supply the store’s needs.CONTACT US:
Via e-mail to Capital Campaign Coordinator ([email protected]
), General Manager Eric Hargrave ([email protected]
) or phone the Coop at 250-935-8577.