Earlier this year (February 2013) we were advised by a Rudozem municipality representative that if the shelter was not up to EU standard soon, RSDR would close, and our Founder would be charged. (radio interview with founder Diane Rowles).
It is now July 2013, and no action has been taken against RSDR by the municipality, however we still need to be vigilant in fundraising towards renovations and make sure each of our target goals have been met. We know that the overall goal of renovation of the "whole shelter" will be long term and could take years, however the builder has said he will work with us in stages as and when we raise the funds and work can be done.
We hope that by seeing progress of the renovations on the shelter will help appease the municipality and hold off any action.
It has taken to July for us to get quotations, due to sorting out paperwork and guidelines with the municipality, and checking if an architects plans were required. We have now received quotations and have target goals set.
PLEASE DONATE- We appeal for your help in making a donation towards our first goal of fundraising which is for windows, upstairs ceilings & floors. To read more about RSDR and what we hope to accomplish, please go to our About Uspage. To view photo progress of our shelter please go to our shelter photo album
FIRST TARGET GOAL- 17,785.15 levs ( 9093.54 euros)
The first target is for putting windows throughout the whole building, windows in the upstairs section the builder added for storage when he did the roof, a staircase and upstairs flooring. He will then see what materials he has left before giving another quote for putting ceilings in the middle and end part of the building.
OUR FIRST TARGET GOAL HAS NOW BEEN MET - PLEASE GO TO http://www.streetdogrescue.com/shelterrenovations.htmTO SEE OUR NEXT TARGET GOAL FUNDRAISER
Builder to start renovations on the 7 September 2013
SECOND TARGET GOAL- 6296.40 levs ( 3219.34 euros)
Electrics & Lights for throughout the shelter.
RSDR GOALS & SHELTER SPECIFICATIONS
Renovation for shelter requirements will include the following:
- Purchase of Building & Land COMPLETED
- Roof – Replacement of Aluminium Panels COMPLETED
- Exercise Yards COMPLETED
- Security Cameras COMPLETED
- Convert Toilet Area -Shower/Bath & Laundry facilities COMPLETED
- Boiler with Hot Water COMPLETED
- Ceilings – Ventilation requirements (Refer Art 104 – 2)
- Flooring – Impermeable and non-hygroscopic material (Refer: Art 104 – 1)
- Windows – Impermeable and non-hygroscopic material and well insulated (Refer Art 104 – 1) Construction to include ventilation. (Refer Art 104 – 2)
- Walls – Impermeable and non-hygroscopic material and well insulated (Refer Art 104 – 1) Construction to include ventilation. (Refer Art 104 – 2)
- Doors – Construction – Impermeable and non-hygroscopic materials and well insulated. (Refer Art 104 – 1), Ventilation (104-2), Security
- Restructure of Building (splitting rooms, building walls):
- Room for visitors (Refer Art 101-1)
- Room for first aid / examinations (Refer Art 101-1)
- Isolation/Quarantine area (Refer Art 101-1)
- Food preparation area (Refer Art 101-1)
- Room with low temperature – Freezer (Refer 101-1)
- Construction of Individual pens according to type, size & needs (Refer Art 101-1)
Read more about RSDR and the current situation on our shelter renovations here
View the progress of the shelter on our shelter photo album
Rudozem Street Dog Rescue (RSDR) is a non-profit foundation that rescues Street Dogs in Bulgaria and finds loving homes for them.
RSDR Registered Foundation No: 175647065
email: [email protected]