Posted on September 8, 2016
Posted on September 8, 2016WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED.
Friends. We are BLOWN AWAY by what happened yesterday! Here's a sweet story for you: We were at our church LifeGroup on Tuesday night, and our friends were praying over us and over this fund raiser. One girl in our group pointed out that the day we were starting our fund raiser was September 7. She began to claim the promise of that number being significant; the biblical number of completion, the day that God said, "My work is done here, it's time to rest."
So as our friends prayed, they all stood around us in agreement that on September 7, God would begin to complete what He has started in our family, and that we would rest in the promise of His work being done. Exactly 7 hours from the time we launched this campaign, we were over the $15,000 mark! We had so much fun watching that number climb all afternoon, jumping and dancing and laughing in complete shock at what our God was doing through His people!
So, here's what's next:
- As of this morning, total funds raised (with the $15K match) are around $32,000. (WHAT.)
- As Noland mentioned at the end of our video, the ultimate need is closer to $40K. This means there is still room to share this campaign and believe God to fill in the gap of what's left!
- Be on the lookout for a few smaller fund raisers happening in the coming days/weeks. (If you're in the Houston area, save this date: Sept. 28, 6-8 pm. Sara will be in town, and her mom & sisters are hosting an in-store fund raising shindig at Kendra Scott. It's going to be fun!)
Next steps forward beyond fund raising:
- WE ARE LITERALLY ON THE HOME STRETCH. This is crazy nonsense that we are still trying to wrap our minds around. All of this has been such a long time coming that it feels totally surreal to be entering into the stage where we say, "All we do now is wait."
- The next thing that will happen is we officially become "active" with FAC, meaning they will now begin to present our profile to expectant birth mothers.
- We are getting on the phone with our friends at FAC today to make sure they have everything they need from us, and will hopefully be officially active within the next few days!
Thank you a million times over for your love & support. We are undone by this community that rallied around us so quickly. Please continue to pray as we turn a corner into the final lap of this race! That we would set our stride in such a way to finish well; that the Lord would continue to move mountains and open the floodgates of provision and promise fulfilled.
We will keep you updated frequently as all of this continues to unfold! Thanks for fighting for Team Gilmore.
All our love,
Sara & Noland