Posted on March 6, 2018
Hello Friends of Santa Barbara!
As fate would have it, the spring rains are coming and will be arriving to the Central Coast Thursday- Sunday of this week. While I would love dry conditions for riding, we desperately need the water in this part of California to carry us into the summer season. Fore safety reasons, I will be postponing the ride until the first dry weekend in March, whenever Mother Nature should decide to cooperate with me (hopefully within the next two weekends.) Please stay tuned for updates as I continue to eye the extended weather forecast for our area.
That being said, I am only $90 away from my fundraising goal, and would love to surpass it for those who are still feeling the effects of the most recent natural disasters. Donations will continue to be accepted through April 1st.
We will all be anxiously holding our breath for those in Montecito who will be under mandatory evacuations with predicted rainfall for the foreseeable future. There's no telling whether or not another mudslide could happen, and as a result nearly 30,000 people will be under repeated evacuation orders throughout the rainy season.
Thank you to those who have donated so generously thus far - donation wines will be shipped out in the coming 2 weeks. Please continue to share and spread the word. Your generosity and thoughtfulness is appreciated beyond measure.
Thank You and Ride On!