Building the Hospital of Hope
Imagine a city of 40 thousand people without a hospital and none in any direction for hundreds of miles. Imagine what it would be like to live without medical care – for yourself, your family, and your community. Imagine an emergency without an emergency room. That city is Mango – Togo, West Africa, and they desperately need a hospital, and the race is on to meet that need through the Hospital of Hope – a hospital of their own, in their city, to provide compassionate medical care to the people of Mango and the greater region.
The race is on because all of the pieces are coming together for a grand opening in January of 2015.
- The people of Mango are waiting and watching!
- Togolese medical staff are being trained in Togo!
- Medical equipment is being purchased in the U.S. and ready to be shipped!
- U.S. Doctors and Nurses have committed to go and are in language school!
- Work teams are making the trek to help build!
Will you help the people of Mango by giving to the 2014 Togo Team?
- Grand Ledge Baptist Church is sending a team of seven men to build and serve in June of 2014!
- Every gift you give goes toward man-hours - getting dirty - on site in Mango - building the hospital.
- We have 600 man-hours of hospital construction to fund in Mango for this team!
- Every man-hour in Mango moves the Hospital of Hope closer to the grand opening in January 2015.
- Every financial gift brings the people of Mango one step closer to life saving healthcare.
The 2014 Togo Team
- Andrew Ford
- Noah Ford
- Fred Gerhardt
- Craig Jansen
- Don Wotruba
- Mike Zumbaugh
- Paul Ford
The Hospital of Hope
The Hospital of Hope was just a dream a few years ago when the ABWE medical missionary team at the Hopital Baptiste Biblique in the southern part of Togo considered the medical needs of northern Togo. With an established healthcare track record, and the invitation of the mayor of Mango, ABWE moved forward, and in just a few years, a plan was created, a site was selected, and 5.5 million dollars were donated toward the completion of this project.
Our History With Togo
Grand Ledge Baptist Church (GLBC) has had an ongoing strategic partnership with the hospital project in Mango since 2009 and is seeking to impact the community for many years in the future. The people of GLBC have recently given $13,000 to train Togolese nurses, pharmacists, and x-ray technicians for Mango. GLBC has sent teams to Togo on three previous occasions – once to install an oxygen system in ABWE's first hospital in southern Togo, once to strengthen our vision and passion for Mango, and once in 2010 to help build the hospital in it’s early stages.
Give today by clicking on the "Give Now" at the top of this page!
If you desire to write a check and mail in your contribution:
- Make the check out to Grand Ledge Baptist Church
- Write "Togo" on the memo line
- Mail to:
Grand Ledge Baptist Church
P.O. Box 333
Grand Ledge, MI 48837