Posted on November 8, 2016
I am copying all of the updates frm facebook. Sorry i am on my phone. Please pray. After driving more than 12 hours to get here we had to rush Sophie to the emergency vet. She is on oxygen.
We got Sophie to the hotel from emergency vet and after being sedated and with a steroid shot to take the swelling down she finally settled and started breathing semi normal for her and she finally slept. This morning the surgeon said he was all abt being aggressive with surgery but felt she couldn't take going under anesthesia. She was in tachycardia last night at ER. He gave her another steroid shot and is going to give us a sedative for the road plus 1 at the office. We are going to rest her and us tonight and tomorrow and start back Wed. Please pray for her. I've been a big baby and cried all morning so now I've got to get it together so she does not pick up my sadness and anxiety. Im sorry i am typing this from my phone so it may not make any sense or be full of typos. Ill try to answer any questions. But this is all i hve on my mind right now.
Had a decent amount of rest. Sophie is still a bit anxious. Today's the day many in the world is anxious to see what the American people decide on a leader. Either way people, vote. It is our right to decide. I know the choices are so scary and flawed. But vote. Personally, I can't stand either of the front runners. I chose to vote with my heart and tried to make peace with my choice. I may have wrote in a vote that will be considered a throw away. But i followed where my heart was. God help us all. If you are a praying person please pray for our Country. Also, pls continue to pray for my sweet baby. I am so grateful for all of you. Your prayers and thoughts and donations. Love you all.
This morning: Just got a call from the vet. They want us there at 7 am tomorrow. Since she's rested so well he said prepare for surgery. I am nervous, grateful - Yet I am concerned for many reasons. First, we can't afford to stay until Friday. Which would be how long Dr. Short wanted us to stay after. Secondly, the trip back is still a concern if he can sedate her well enough i think things will be fine. But if she's not sedated well with her reaction to anxiety is to pant. We know how it affected her breathing without a fresh surgery. Please pray with me that us and the dr. Make a decision best For Sophie.
Post from my sister this morning. For those who know my sister Michelle Perryman-Ford Copley know we both have been in rescue for quite sometime now..several years back she adopted a pair of bonded pugs and Momma Pug (Shanie) was pregnant...fast forward they kept the liter and had each fixed and extremely well cared for and loved, the one who bonded with Chelle the most is Sophie..we can't leave a room without Sophie she panics without Chelle and tbh its a mutual thing ;)
Sweet Sophie has a face\nasal area that is basically MORE compressed than most and struggles to breathe, so they got Sophie to WV at Deer Park to have this life saving surgery and Sophie had to be rushed to the emergency vet and all the money they had raised and saved was spent saving her life.. The vet now is confident she can now have the surgery but they are in DIRE need of funding...receipts can be shown to verify this is legit I beg of you plz share this post and or donate ANY amount you can...anything is greatly appreciated, and please continue to PRAY...her Paypal is : [email protected]
My sister is disabled as is my brother in law, he is a disabled veteran so money is very tight.
Thank You and God Bless!!!
I am also uploading pictures of notes and reciepts from emergency vet. as well as another video from this morning of her resting.