In September 2015, we found out that Michael had a brain tumor and that it was an aggressive kind of cancer. Our dear friend Janne put together an online fundraising project that showered us in generosity and helped pay our health bills, and relax into healing.
Michael has stopped doing paying work, and Jenny has cut back on hers. Michael will start receiving Social Security Disability in April, and that will be about half of his previous income.
Both Michael and Jenny have found that their primary work now is leaning into healing, community, and creativity, for themselves, and others. We invite your financial support now to help us live more fully into this. Here's what we'd like to do, with your support, as a focus of our work the rest of 2016:
A photography show, a book, and a website that all express some of the beauty we are finding on these health adventures. Jenny is a photographer, and has been taking photos of the treatment process, life at home, and other adventures. Michael has been writing on Caring Bridge and other places with his reflections on the experience. We'd like to put these things together, to have images and text about the journey that go together. We'd like to invite others to share their images and words about healing and community as part of the process too.
Michael has also been doing public speaking and making videos with others about his story of healing and community. He'd like to to keep doing this.
What would your contribution pay for?
- Printing photos for the show
- Printing books
- Healing methods not fully covered by insurance (like my electric cap, healing touch, supplements, etc)
- A replacement for some of the work income we aren't getting, to pay for our utilities, food, etc.
- Encourage us to do some wild and crazy things like go on vacation and go out to eat. We're not going to live forever, you know?
How are we doing right now?
- Great in the moment, while Michael still does aggressive chemo and other treatments to keep the cancer friendly.
- We post updates on Caring Bridge and invite you to join that conversation.