Some of you call me Corvus. Some of you call me Adrien. Some of you know me through organizing or as a local queer, feminist, and all around weirdo, though you probably haven't seen me out and about much at all for a while. Some of you may not know me at all.
Whoever you are, thank you for visiting this page.
I have to say, putting up this fundraiser is one of the more difficult things I have done in my life. I'm a survivor. I've made it through a lot. I'm more comfortable in the caretaker role than I am in the role of being cared for. I like to raise money for others, not ask for it. So, through this experience, I have been learning new ways to be. I've been forced by this life to accept help.
In short, I'm disabled and my health has declined so much over the past few years that I have become completely unable to work. I am currently navigating disability claims which can take years (especially when you're only 32). I don't have much to fall back on except the good people in my life that support me (and they have very little at their disposal to do so). I have no savings left. I've always made poverty level to working class wages and have nothing to pull from.
As a result, I'm asking for help. The money I am asking for will go to things that I otherwise can't get covered by state aid like SNAP and medicaid such as:
- Prescriptions that are not covered by medicaid (The most important one is over $100)
- Surgery-related costs that aren't covered by medicaid
- Medical records fees (for filing disability claims)
- Legal fees (for disability claims)
- Medically necessary over the counter medications, supplements, and medical supplies (that I can't get through a prescription such as acetaminophen arthritis, pain relief creams and patches, ice packs, vitamins, herbal anxiety and mental health supplements, and more)
- Prescription and Doctors office fees and copays
- Transportation costs (gas, bus fare, etc) to and from medical and doctors appointments that I have to go to several times per week
- Animal companion care supplies (Dog and cat food, cat litter, pet medications, etc)
- Toiletries and hygeine items
- Various cost of living bills
...and other things like that that I'm sure I've not thought of yet.
I shot for the moon with the amount since I have no idea how long I will be without money for. Please know, every and any amount given is greatly appreciated.
Paypal takes 2.9% plus 30 cents for each individual donation. This website doesn't take anything on top of that.Do you feel uncomfortable giving cash online?
Currently, the most needed things are medical bills, prescriptions, lawyer fees, and living costs. However, You can also give my non-prescription items through my amazon wishlist by clicking here.
For more information on how wishlist shipping works, see this link
. Or if you just wanna pay off a bill or prescription directly, use the "contact the organizer" button to message me directly and we can work it out!
If you're struggling, too, please take care of yourself first before giving anything.
Thank you all very much for reading.
(Note: Don't get confused, the name on your paypal and my amazon wish list will be my legal name.)