Healing Hudson

For: Hudson Moore
Organizer: Abby Baird
$12,278
of $15,000 goal.
Raised by 168 donors
81% Complete

The Story

Hudson was born with a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect, more specifically an atrioventricular canal defect. He has also been diagnosed with trisomy 21 as well as another syndrome (the two combined are so rare that he is the 5th case documented in the world).  He underwent life saving heart surgery and made it home for 3 amazing months and we thought the hardest part of our journey was over, we were wrong.  

During routine blood work some abnormalities were found.  Hudson was once again fighting for his life, this time with Leukemia. After several rounds of chemotherapy and lots of scary moments, Hudson beat the odds yet again.  He was declared to be in remission but the sickness took a toll on his heart.  

We knew Hudson would need yet another heart surgery but he needed time to get stronger for the best possible outcome.  We've been home just waiting for the that time to come.  This week Hudson's heart decided it was time and we can't wait any longer.  He is in heart failure and needs surgery.  We are currently at Duke and are getting transferred to Boston for a melody valve in mitral position surgery.  Boston is the only hospital that can do this surgery. 

Hudson will be transported via ambulance to Raleigh Durham airport and Shane will be flying with him and a team of medical professionals to Boston Children's. I will be flying in to Boston commercially and meeting them there. We are estimated to be there for 3-4 weeks, possibly longer if complications arise. For now Emerson will be staying with my sister, Mom and Dad here in Fayetteville and continue going to school. I'm going to miss her so much....so she may come up for a while, I just always struggle with the appropriateness of her living the hospital life. I want what's best for both babes...even though I want to be with them both. 

We have crossed bridges we didn't even know we'd have to cross and are currently anticipating the ones we have yet to travel.

For regular updates please check Hudson's Facebook page. www.facebook.com/HealingHudson

With Moore Love,
Shane, Dionna, Emerson & Hudson




Fundraiser Updates

Posted on April 23, 2015

Posted on April 23, 2015

We will be leaving for Boston on Monday. The details of our Med flight are being arranged. Hudson will be transported via ambulance to Raleigh Durham airport and Shane will be flying with him and a team of medical professionals to Boston Children's. There is limited space on that plane and because (as a woman) I have all of the luggage..I will be flying in to Boston commercially and meeting them there. We are estimated to be there for 3-4 weeks , possibly longer if complications arise. For now Emerson will be staying with my sister, Mom and Dad here in Fayetteville and continue going to school. I'm going to miss her so much....so she may come up for a while, I just always struggle with the appropriateness of her living the hospital life. I want what's best for both babes...even though I want to be with them both. 
For now he's fast asleep after some floor time and I've gotten some pretty great hugs from our favorite nurses to carry me through the days.

Posted on April 23, 2015

Posted on April 23, 2015

During rounds this morning our team revealed what I was hoping not to hear. That they think this is his heart telling us it's time for surgery. We definitely weren't anticipating this. 
He has already had another IV placed, a non-heart related bloody nose, and we have only somewhat started discussing surgery options. Thankfully, we are really close to our cardiac team here and they seem to be on board with whatever we want to do. We have made some med changes in hopes of lowering his oxygen requirement. Right now he sits pretty much at the max before he needs to go to the ICU for high flow. We need to lower it enough to create some room to bump him up if need be. That would allow us to be discharged and immediately head up to Boston (on our terms, though). He also expressed that if we cannot make any headway and have him healthy enough for discharge we had the possibility of doing a transfer from hospital to hospital and that wouldn't be an issue. My main concern now is that Boston has to determine he is still a good candidate for the melody valve. Fingers crossed and I will keep you updated.

Posted on February 7, 2014

Posted on February 7, 2014

https://facebook.com/HealingHudson

Unfortunately we find ourselves back here. I thought this was in our past...I thought Hudson was healthy. During a routine surgery for a gtube, post op blood work raised a few concerns. After a bone marrow biopsy on Tuesday it was confimed that he has leukemia. He was admitted yesterday (Wed.) and had his first dose of chemo today.

Visit Hudson's fb page for regular updates and pictures. It's definitely easier to update this way. Thank you. For joining us in this new fight. Hudson's got this......he will be home again.
The Moore's

About the Organizer

Report Fundraiser

Report Fundraiser

Please report potential fraud and Terms of Service violations only. Personal disputes will not be reviewed.

We require this in case we need to contact you for further details.*

* YouCaring will not distribute your phone number to any third parties or use it for marketing purposes.

Comments

Supporters

Add Our Donation Widget to Your Site
Grab Our Widget

Healing Hudson

Grab Our Widget
Donate NowFacebook Share Button