Posted on October 16, 2017
Here is an update for my sister Marce:
We’re still waiting on pathology to confirm staging and risk factor. Willa will be discharged this weekend at some point and her and I will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house right across from the hospital. On 10/17 Willa has Physical therapy in the morning then a hearing test that requires sedation in the afternoon. 10/18 Willa will have an MIBG scan with sedation that will look for any other cancer in her body that the MRI didn’t pick up on. 10/20 she will have a bone scan and her bone marrow will be tested with sedation to see if there is any cancer in there. 10/23 will be a day of training for our family to learn everything we need to know to care for her. 10/24 she will have surgery in put her port in where she will receive chemo through. She should also start her first round of chemo as an inpatient that day. Again all of this testing will determine the frequency of chemo and the type. We are anxious to get pathology back and are hoping it comes back as moderate risk, which is what the oncologist is thinking it will be.
Willa is such a trooper. She is still smiling, talking and laughing through all of this. Everyone loves her here because she is the most easy going baby.
Thank you for everyone’s support and prayers... we really do appreciate it.