THIS IS MY BRAIN.
THIS IS MY BRAIN ON A TUMOR.
i hope you have LOTS!
because, I DO!
(like, 'what on earth did i do to have This kinda' luck?! 😯)
first things, first...
WHO AM I?
• a regular, decent, normal fellow;
• i have wonderful family & friends;
• i live a simple, no-frills, life;
• and, my body has decided i need an interesting...
Adventure, in my head!
what i know, right now:
• i have a brain tumor;
• it was found because my urologist saw an abnormal blood test result (high prolactin level);
• it's not "little" — it measures 1.9cm (0.75in) by 1.7cm (0.67in) by 1.5cm (0.6in);
• it's at the pituitary gland, in the brain, behind my nose, under the optic nerve;
• it's assumed to be benign — neurosurgeons HAVE been called, an oncologist HAS NOT;
• i haven't noticed anything i would consider 'symptoms'; though...
i have experienced some Strange visual phenomenon.
that may just have been the result of stress? (hoping so...)
• i have a brain tumor.
WHY AM I HERE?
i'm fundraising because, while i'm fortunate enough—and grateful!—to have health insurance...
i will be unable to work for about a month after surgery.
and, i do not have sick/vacation time, nor income insurance, and i used my savings due to 2 surgeries/recovery time (kidney stones) i've already had just this summer.
this IS NOT the...
"how i spent my summer vacation"...
story i would've wished for myself!
however you arrived here...
i thank you for simply reading my fundraiser and, of course, for any well-wishes and assistance you provide.
take the best of care...
(i have a generic, internet search, pic of a head, up there...
i don't have pics of my brain, yet!
• i got a l'il distracted (stunned/shocked/terrified/etc) and didn't even think about asking for 'em after the CT scan.
the MRI is tomorrow (9/1/2017); so, i'll remember to ask and, then, post them, here.)