One of our review attorneys John Shrode had a fire at his condominum on February 21st. It was likely caused by defective wiring though the building was grandfathered in to the housing code in Texas. John and is family narrowly avoided being killed as his son smelled smoke early in the morning and woke his parents up. They barely had time to dress and escape the blaze also killed their dog and destroyed all of their possessions.
John was injured in the ordeal and had extensive smoke inhallation and some burns. Thank god the burns do not appear to require skin grafts but the smoke inhallation was very serious and he had to be placed in a medically induced coma while he was incubated. After he awoke he started rehabilitation and breathing exercises. John is looking forward to restarting review after he relocates his family to Florida to live with his mother and after he finished physical therapy.