Posted on September 27, 2016
The JJ Way® and National Perinatal Task Force - Spotlight
What is The JJ Way®?
Every woman wants a healthy baby and every woman deserves one. This is the premise that drives Jennie Joseph and her purpose for creating The JJ Way®. This model of care has been proven to be effective in reducing disparities and improving birth outcomes. From the very first appointment the goal of a full-term healthy baby is emphasized and all subsequent measures stress that theme until safe arrival at that point.
The key objectives of The JJ Way® are:
- For pregnancies to reach a gestation of 37 weeks or greater.
- For newborns to have a birth weight of 5 lbs. 8 oz or greater.
- For women (and their families) to bond well to their babies.
- To start and succeed at breastfeeding.
The JJ Way’s innovative model builds on the strengths of the Midwives Model of Care to reach a population that does not typically seek midwifery services.
The goals of The JJ Way® are:
- To provide a model that is easy to duplicate which allows the healthcare provider to run an efficient, safe and productive system.
- To provide training and organizational systems for medical establishments that wish to improve their patient and employee satisfaction, compliance, and loyalty along with reducing litigation.
- On a corporate/ private level to engage organizations in the value of healthy women and thereby families and the importance of a new approach in providing that information.
- On a community level to engage and educate families, business owners, ‘leaders’ and churches in the urgency of the problem and how they can help to be part of the solution.
In the USA, despite ongoing research and discussion, perinatal health disparities are not improving in any great fashion, and in some areas the gap is actually widening. Newer interventions are focusing on more holistic approaches including looking at stress, environment and life-course approaches. The JJ Way® is a simple, cost-effective model which can be easily emulated and adapted for any practice, and which has the potential to seriously impact the discouraging perinatal statistics that have become all too common.
The JJ Way® Model has been proven effective. (You can read more about that HERE.
) We are seeing babies born full term and healthy. We are seeing bonding between mother and baby. We are seeing successful breastfeeding. We are seeing happy mothers and healthy babies. And this is largely in part of the type of care they are receiving. It is our goal to be able to provide this model of care to EVERY mother and EVERY baby. We also seek to educate and provide information to current care providers so they can implement this same model of care and see the same results that we have witnessed.
By giving to this cause you are becoming an active participant in reducing the disparities in birth that are so great in the USA today. By supporting Commonsense Childbirth you are helping to close the gap between women and getting the pre/post natal care they need.
Become a Friend of Jennie Joseph today!