Castro Mistral Red de Apoyo Comunitario/Community Support Network
Supporting Mountain View’s vulnerable populations through immigration education and legal support
When the impact of the governmental executive orders left many in our community feeling unsafe and helpless, a group of concerned parents came together to build a safety net. The CA
ed de A
omunitario’s (CAMIRAC) goal is to maintain and strengthen our community by providing support to our immigrant families so they feel safe and empowered.
Our three main focus areas are:
- Education and emergency preparedness - Families want to feel empowered and prepared for any situation that might arise in these uncertain times. We are connecting families with legal support to learn their rights and to develop emergency childcare plans that fits their individual needs
- Emotional and mental health support- Parents and children are fearful and anxious. We are working with CHAC, the Community Health and Awareness Council, on a program to help families feel less isolated and provide them with tools for managing anxiety.
- General support - Some families need help filling out documents, navigating the US passport process, or finding a suitable temporary guardian for their children. We plan to connect families with "buddy" families who can help them through whatever they need.
100 percent of your donation will go towards:
- Legal assistance for our families
- Mental health support groups for our families
Thank you! --- The members of CAMIRAC