Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Psalm 82:3
HELP ME HELP THE CHILDREN OF UGANDA!
Thank you for taking the time to hear my heart. I am so excited and feel truly blessed that God has opened a door for me to travel to the remote village of Kitongo, Uganda in July with the Mission Uganda 2016 team. For as far back as I can remember I have always had a heart for children. I was blessed with an amazing childhood and have a desire to see every child have that same opportunity. God has placed within me, a passion to reach beyond the four walls of the church to the lost, hurt, helpless, hopeless and forgotten children of the world and to share with them the love of Christ not just with words but with action as well.
The main objective of this mission is to build permanent brick classrooms, offer much needed medical care and provide a vacation bible school. While our goal is to meet their lacking physical needs, my heart's desire is that we impact them in such a way with the love of Christ that we leave an everlasting impression.
While we (the Mission Uganda team) are busy raising the funds needed to provide the building materials, medical supplies and vacation bible school supplies we are also responsible for raising our own personal expenses of just over $3,000 to cover our flights, lodging, ground transportation and all meals. With that being said I would like to ask you to prayerfully consider partnering with me by offering financial support and prayer. Please pray about it and if you feel led to give than please do so by donating right here on this page or by mailing a check payable to Coastal Community Church along with a note designating "Mission Uganda 2016 - Shelley" and mail it to PO Box 780918, Sebastian, Florida 32978.
If you are unable to contribute at this time, I certainly understand and simply ask that you pray for this mission. When God's children pray, miracles happen. Please also send me a note at [email protected] to let me know that you are praying. Once you have provided your email I will gladly keep you updated on our progress.
Matthew 25:35-46 (KJV)
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THIS MISSION:
This mission team is made up of a group of like minded people from all over this country desiring to make a difference in the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children living in the impoverished area of Kitongo (pronounce Chi-ton-go), Uganda.
During this trip we will come along side a non-profit organization called Imani Milele Children. Imani Milele Children is based in Uganda, focused on liberating and developing orphaned and at-risk children, equiping them with skills that will help them become self-sufficient, self-sustaining and productive while impacting them with Christian values, hence enabling them to transform nations. Imani Milele Children serves, cares for, and educates over 3,000 orphaned and vulnerable children in 8 locations in the most remote villages of the African country.
The Mission Uganda team will be ministering to these children, providing our testimonies, delivering much needed food and supplies, as well as encouraging and loving the Imani Milele students. With nearly 3 million orphans, and a per capita income of just $681.50 (US DOLLAR) annually, the task and challenges the Imani Milele Organization face are tremendous. Please consider helping us, help them.
In 2014 our team:
- Raised over $27,000
- Built two classrooms
- Provided new school supplies
- Provided a temporary medical clinic that offered medical care to over 1,200 patients
- Provided over 4,500 life saving prescriptions that would not have otherwise been available to those living in this poverty stricken rural African village
- Provided a vacation bible school to over 300 children
In July 2016 we will:
- Have a team of workers add brick classrooms to the building they constructed in 2014. While the children and teachers of St. Mbuga Primary school in Kitongo are very proud of their new school building, most of the students are still meeting in mud and stick structures which are subject to erosion and collapse during the rainy season. Our prayer is to provide safe permanent structures that will offer enough space for every child desiring an education. Providing brick structures will bring safety to the students and help increase the sustainability of education to the children of Kitongo.
- In addition to the temporary medical clinic and prescriptions that will provide much needed relief, and in partnership with the Lion’s Club, we will also provide Optometry tests and prescription eyeglasses. It will be truly exciting to watch the expression on children and adults as they see clearly for possibly the first time in their lives!
- Finally, we will host a Vacation Bible School for the children. We bring in generators and audio equipment to lead the children in worship. Our team will also lead children in arts and crafts and teach them about the love of God and the bright future He has for them. In 2014 our team snapped photos of each child to teach them about how we are made in God’s image. For many children this was the first time they had ever seen a photo print of themselves!
I believe every child deserves a fighting chance and this trip will allow me to personally make a difference in the lives of the children in Kitongo, Uganda. For more information on Imani Milele please visit www.imanimilele.com.
Thanks for your consideration, prayers and support!