Fight2Feed is a mission to connect the hands of waste with the mouths of hungry. Our aim is to K.O Hunger one block at a time.
Our mission developed in February 2014. The board is made of Hospitality Professionals and Foodie Passionates that have seen enough Food Waste and want to #DoSomething to make change happen.
On October 13, 2014 the First Fight2Feed mission came to life at 3:30am at the Hard Rock Cafe Chicago Kitchen. 103 ChiTown volunteers arose early that Monday morning to help make 1004 Breakfast Burritos Breakfast Bags. Our fist mission was delivered to Homeless on Wilson and Montrose park. As well shared hundreds of hot breakfasts with local shelters. 100% of the food and beverages was donated by local businesses and Food suppliers. The Chicago Red Cross was the vehicles used to transport our food to our locations.
With the enthusiastic support of our ChiTown Foodie Passionate community from CULINARY Fight Club, we carried out our 2nd Fight2Feed Mission. This time the funds raised by CULINARY Fight Club events were used to purchase whatever that was not donated to make 1500 Oatmeal Breakfasts. We targeted the homeless again and Pacific Garden MissionShelter.
On January 26th Fight2Feed will be on our 3rd mission serving 500 Hot Chicken Soup at the Coppin Community Center Food Pantry. Along with whole fruit and bottle waters. Although a smaller number we hope to meet our friends in need to get to know them and how they are doing.
Fight2Feed goal is to inspire a Pay It Forward mentality with a #FeedItForward campaign. If we can make one help one then we are confident a change can be inspired through the next block, the next town, the next city and the next state. Until we make change happen Fight2Feed will forge ahead to #FeedItForward.
On October 16, 2017 we are planning to coordinate 50 cities to feed One Meal in One Day. Our wish is to ignite the giving harts of each community to sharing a meal with those who are in need. We need to raise the funds to get a few Fight2Feed Food Trucks to mobilize our missions.
In the case we cannot get donated items, we use our funds to purchase discounted food from Pantries and wholesalers. To share how your donations translate this is what we've experienced in our missions so far.
1. A $10 donation will buy 108 Bottles of Water. That means 108 Friends in need get at least 12 ounces of fresh water today.
2. A $25 donation allows us to buy 70 Apples. As they say an apple a day keeps the Dr. Away!
3. A $100 donation allows us to buy 130lbs of dry oatmeal. This yields with a little water, 800, 8oz oatmeal cups.
4. A $350 donation will allow us to purchase all the ingredients for Hot Chicken Soup, Whole Fruit, Juice and Bread meal for 500 hungry friends.
5. A $45,000 donation allows us to lease a space with running water and pantry space for 1 year to stabilize non perishable items assemble them for distribution to location where we have friends in need.
6. A $50,000 donation allows us to lease a Food Truck for 1 year to mobilize our missions as often as we have volunteers and gas!
These are many ways you can donate to support. By attending CULINARY Fight Club events, you can also support as Fight2Feed benefits from every ticket sales!
Come join our FIGHT and #DoSomething to #FeedItForward!
We are excited to say to date (15 missions) we have fed over 15,000 ChiTown Hungry Friends in Need!