Please make a donation and help Davis Arts Center raise $30,000 to meet an urgent need for new heating and air conditioning units and enhancements to our security system.
Davis Arts Center was burglarized and vandalized in late December. Sadly, two ceramics kilns were destroyed and 4 heating and air conditioning units (HVAC) were rendered inoperable by the vandal. We are upset by this unnecessary destruction of property in an attempt to steal metal and are particularly saddened because all our equipment and resources are provided by you.
Our insurance is covering the cost to replace the ceramics kilns and 1 of the HVAC units. Unfortunately, they will only repair, not replace, the other 3 HVAC units. The damaged units are 16 and 31 years old and need to be replaced with more energy efficient units. Since the burglary, we have had to manually move small space heaters from studio to studio to keep the classrooms warm.
In order to meet our immediate needs, we need to raise $30,000 (in addition to what the insurance is paying). If just a quarter of the community members who have used Davis Arts Center in the last 5 years donated $5, we would reach this goal!
Ways you can help:
- Join us on Saturday, February 10, from 7-9pm for Turn on the Heat! a Mardi Gras themed fundraiser. Join our host of the evening Dr. Andy Jones, Poet Laureate of the City of Davis, enjoy live music by Yolo Mambo, tasty desserts, participate in art installations, and fun ways to make additional donations.
- Donate through our before February 10.
- Donate through our website, and watch daily updated totals towards our goal!
- Donate at Davis Arts Center, , it will be added to the total.
- Share our post and fundraiser. The more people who see it the better!
Thank you for your support!