Moms Village is a nonprofit organization in Orange County, California creating a facility and programs for moms in their first year postpartum. The program will form partnerships with local businesses, government agencies, and community volunteers to create a welcoming environment for new moms to heal and grow, as well as provide loving child care and entertainment from birth thru age 4. Moms Village will combine the following programs within one master facility:
- Infant Support: Staff-led volunteers will help to provide new mothers an opportunity to focus on themselves on site by rocking, changing, feeding, holding, playing and engaging infants as directed by their mothers. Breastfeeding support, classes and accommodations will be provided. There will be an additional room housing 8 cribs dedicated to napping, with low light and white noise.
- Toddler Interaction: Staff-led volunteers will play, sing, read, and dance with toddlers thru age 4. Monitored playtime, structured activities and preschool classes will be available throughout the day. This will allow onsite mothers time for self-care, nursing, or one-on-one time with their new baby.
- Fitness Classes: Daily instructor-led classes to help mothers feel better about their new bodies. Focus will be to regain strength and increase endurance.
- Healthy Nutrition: Fully equipped kitchen stocked with healthy foods available, including toddler snacks and baby purees. Members will have the opportunity to prepare meals and attend cooking classes; additional fees for supplies may apply.
- Cleanliness & Hygiene: Inviting showers and dressing rooms will provide new moms the chance to focus on themselves without struggling to entertain their children.
- Business Office: Desks with computers available for mothers to keep connections with employment, complete school classes, or tend to personal businesses during their recovery.
- Rest & Rejuvenation: A quite room with beds available for mothers to take naps as needed to refresh and recharge. This is vital for the health and recovery of new mothers, as well as greatly improving care the children receive once back at home.
- Beautify: A makeup bar, a hair station and nails desk will enhance postpartum recovery and rejuvenation by improving spirit and self-confidence.
- Amenities: The facility will provide wireless internet access, a laundry facility, and infant changing stations to complete the Moms Village experience.