Our goals have always been community focused. Connect Up With Downs was created to help make the difficult and often challenging process of transitioning to adulthood easier for everyone!
We are asking for your financial support to benefit the needs of our community by obtaining (Persons with Developmental Disabilities) .
- Recognize Connect Up With Downs as an accredited Calgary area service provider in our field and help ease an already overloaded support system for the services we provide.
- Agency managed Governing bodies may then provide contracts to Connect Up With Downs from their wait lists, ultimately helping to sustain ourselves and fund new programs.
- Benefit the parents and guardians in the FMS (Family Managed System) access Government funding that exists for our services without having to go through special exemptions to receive reimbursement.
- Connect needs your support! Donate today to help others reach their full potential! :)
- Help us provide a solution to how young people stay physically and emotionally connected.
People with Down syndrome, also called Trisomy 21, are born with an extra 21st chromosome which cause delays in the way a child develops mentally and physically. Despite these challenges people with Down syndrome attend regular schools, make lasting friendships, fall in and out of love and hold meaningful jobs - essentially all the things you and I do to live a happy full life. Early and continual education is key to a healthier, happier more independent life. We strongly believe in their abilities and want to help them secure a fulfilling and more inclusive future!
Inspired by A & E television series Born this Way which promotes the strengths and talents of young adults with Down syndrome. These young, creative minds regularly gather to share common interests and further their goals at a facility in California called Leaps n Boundz. We wanted that same camaraderie and sense of belonging for our loved one to continue to develop and thrive but could not find a service of that caliber here in Calgary… so with help from friends and family and my own personal investment, built one!
In only a few short months a dream became a reality! Finding the perfect space to renovate - we demolished walls, added plumbing, electrical and hvac transforming Connect Up With Downs (inside and out) into the amazing social learning environment it is today!