Join us in serving our future servants one final time, as this year's graduating class becomes the newest generation of pastors and deaconesses called to serve the Church. "Equipped to Serve" will provide these men and women with the tools they still need to effectively serve their people.
Their needs will vary according to their calling congregation or mission, and range from communion sets to vestments to updated technology for sermon and Bible study prep (as soon-to-be-pastors transition from writing papers to writing sermons). As servants of mercy, deaconesses have an even wider range of needs, depending on who and where they're serving, from children to the elderly, across a range of locations: schools, medical missions, in congregational or international settings, etc. They'll need supplies and learning materials geared towards their specific gifts.
Our goal is to raise $350 per student, to be used to purchase the tools for their ministry (which, consequently, will also decrease at least some of their financial burdens as they and their families move one last time). Since each new church worker’s needs will vary, the students will receive this money in the form of a Visa gift card. For those of you who have not given to the Seminary since January of 2017, an anonymous donor has agreed to match your gifts dollar for dollar, with a donation to the day-to-day operations of the Seminary and the full tuition grants for our incoming class of future church workers. What this means is that every dollar you give to the graduating class will also ultimately lead to another dollar in support of our current students.
As further incentive, we spoke to a number of our departments here at the Seminary, who opened up their archives to us for any ministry resources and hidden treasures that we might give to you as thanks. Here’s what you’ll receive in appreciation for your gift:
- $5: A public thank you on the CTSFW Facebook. These public acknowledgments serve two purposes - not only to express our gratitude, but also to encourage others who may be considering giving to our future servants.
- $25: The public thank you and a gift from the CTSFW bookstore. The exact gift will be a mystery until you receive it in the mail, as our bookstore manager has pledged a variety of different items, from t-shirts to decorations for your home.
- $50: The public thank you, bookstore gift, plus a set of books by the Rev. Dr. A.L. Barry, president of the LCMS from 1992 - 2001. Titles include "Sing to the Lord! Reflections on Favorite Hymns," "Let Us Pray: A Study of Prayer and the Devotional Life," "What Does This Mean? Catechesis in the Lutheran Congregation," and "The Unchanging Feast: The Nature and Basis of Lutheran Worship."
- $100: Thank you, bookstore gift, set of books, plus a CD or DVD (you will be contacted about which you prefer at the end of the fundraiser) recording of the Seminary Kantorei, our 14-voice choir of seminarians.
- $200: Thank you, bookstore gift, books, Kantorei CD/DVD, plus a commemorative LEGO building kit of Kramer Chapel.
- $350: All of the above, and a handwritten note from the student who benefited from your gift.
If you are uncomfortable with a public acknowledgment of your gift (but would like to receive the other rewards), please check the box to hide your name on the donation form.
If you prefer a tax write-off for your donation, click HERE. Donations can also be made over the phone by calling 877.287.4338, or mailed in to 6600 N Clinton St., Fort Wayne, IN 46825.
Thank you for your many years of support. On behalf of our graduating students, we cannot thank you enough for them. It is hard to convey how much it means to our students that you remember them even now, as they begin their final Seminary transition from a position of being served to one of service.
God's richest blessings to you, brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you!