Thank you for looking at our exciting fundraiser to raise funds for a missions truck for Africa.
Sadly, many of the truck rental companies do not allow us to go to rough and unreached areas. This has resulted in the need for a large 6-wheel-drive cargo truck. The purpose of this truck is twofold: First, it will carry our extensive crusade equipment and second, it will carry lifesaving food and essential humanitarian items to where they are needed most.These are some of our struggles with rental trucks in Ethiopia:
1. Sometimes it is not easy to even get an available truck.
2. When the roads to remote areas are bad, we are denied rental trucks. We cannot go to many areas because truck owners are not willing to let their trucks go there.
3. Other goods are transported with our sound system. The risk of damage to sensitive sound equipment is very high. Amplifiers can end up under a sack of wheat;
4. We have had it in the past, that the drivers of the rental trucks have been dealing with drugs. If a truck is confiscated, our equipment will be gone;
5. They are very rough when loading and unloading our equipment.
6. Some trucks drive without insurance. If something is stolen, we cannot do anything about it.
7. With this kind of truck, we can react quickly to catastrophes. We could transport food and supplies to desperate people quickly even over very rough terrain. We cannot do this with the rental trucks.Donate now