PayPal is a great tool for online fundraising with YouCaring. Donations received are automatically transferred to your PayPal account, and you can transfer the funds directly to your bank account.
Signing up for a PayPal account is quick and easy. Go to PayPal’s sign up page, click the type of account you would like to set up, and complete the process.
There are a two simple steps you will need to take to be sure your fundraiser is connected your to your PayPal account and you can transfer funds to your bank account.
1. When you sign up for your PayPal account, be sure to go to your email inbox and open the email from PayPal service to complete your account setup. Confirm that your email is correct. Once you complete this step, you’ll need to select PayPal as your payment processor when creating your YouCaring fundraiser.
Clicking this link will take you to the following PayPal form:
Simply enter your First and Last name and PayPal email address to link your existing account.
*Note: Fundraisers with a goal of $5,000 or more are recommended to upgrade to a business PayPal account.
2. To withdraw your donations through PayPal, you will need to go through the process of linking your PayPal account to your bank account.
You are now ready to receive donations and withdraw the money. Follow these steps.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click “Money” near the top of the page.
- Click “Transfer money” to your bank account.
- Select where you’re transferring the money from, and then select to where you’re transferring the money.
- Choose the amount you want to transfer.
- Select the bank account for the deposit, then click “Continue.”
- Review the details, then click “Transfer.”
Depending on your bank, it can take three to four business days for the money to appear in your account.
Although YouCaring is free to use, payment processing charges by PayPal are unavoidable. These are charged at 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction to the recipient account. This is not a YouCaring fee. YouCaring does not charge platform fees to fundraise on its site.
For additional info on payment processors, withdrawing funds and other topics, refer to our Help Center or email us at [email protected]. You can also inquire via Live Chat on our site from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) Monday through Friday.
Start raising money for an important cause today by launching a free YouCaring fundraiser.