Need some inspiration before you get started? Take a look at a few of success stories.
Story: Shortly after their wedding, Matthew was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. His wife Katia started crowdfunding to help with the expenses and their first campaign raised $835,918. Now as crowdfunding veterans, Matthew and Katia started a second campaign to help pay for a new clinical trial to save his life.
Fundraising Goal: $700,000
Amount Raised: $379,157
Recipe for Success:
- Their campaign is written in both English and French to best connect with their target audience
- They write habitual updates that help paint an honest picture of what they are going through.
- Their gallery of 20 photos chronicles Matthew’s progress and showcases their personality.
- Their strategic engagement with social media propelled their reach. They came up with the #knockoutleukemiachallenge to help gain traction.
- They created a Facebook Business page in tandem with their campaign and used it to boost their reach.
- Their story was featured in the local news on several occasions, and Katia was even interviewed on TV.
- No matter what they always found time to thank their supporters throughout Matthew’s treatment.
Story: Tragedy overcame the Bay Area when a party in an Oakland warehouse ended in a catastrophic fire that killed 36 people and displaced several others. The Gray Area Foundation for the Arts acted quickly by creating a crowdfunding campaign to aid the victims and their families.
Fundraising Goal: $950,000
Amount Raised: $920,453
Recipe for Success:
- The campaign has a heart-wrenching story about a community who came together in the face of an emergency.
- As a nonprofit, they had an existing relationship with the community that enabled them to gain support immediately.
- There were several offline fundraising events organized by both the nonprofit as well as community members, adding to the online donation pool.
- Their campaign had major influencers like celebrities and other nonprofits driving traffic to it via social media posts.
- Due to the severity of the event, the story itself got press coverage all over the world from major and minor news publishers.
- With over 73,000 social media shares, the campaign received significant attention online that helped solidify their success.
- Check out more of our success stories here.