Facebook is going to be one of your biggest tools, so you should get comfortable with it.
When is the Best Time to Post?
Research tells us that the best time to post on Facebook is:
- Saturdays & Sundays from 12:00 to 1:00 pm
- Wednesdays from 3:00 to 4:00 pm
- Thursdays & Fridays from 1:00 to 4:00 pm
- Want the most clicks? Post at 3:00 pm.
- Want the most share? Post at 1:00 pm.
What Should Your Post Include?
Keep It Concise
Aim to create short posts that capture someone’s attention. Data says posts with 40 characters get the most engagement. Longer posts often go unread by people scrolling.
Add a Call to Action
Ask people to donate to your campaign. But if they cannot give at this time encourage them to share it with their online network.
Ask Others to Share
After you write a new post, but before you post it on social media, email your friends and family to ask them to share it as soon as you post it.
Strategic Facebook Use
Don’t Over Do It
Avoid blasting out an excessive amount of posts in a short period of time. It often proves to be ineffective and may annoy potential donors.
Broadcast Your Share
Make sure your post is public so others can share it too. And tag others to ensure that specific people see your post.
Utilize Private Messages
Use private message to reach out to specific people that you may not have the email address of.
- For a guide to all things Facebook read Facebook Fundraising 101
- For more advice check out Seven Tips for Using Facebook to Promote Your Fundraiser