While you can share details about your crowdfunding cause in many places online, your fundraiser page is the one that matters most in attracting online donations. Fundraising organizers often tell beautiful, heartwarming stories on blogs and social media. Yet without a fundraiser page brimming with details and personality, donations can fall short of goals. Here’s how to make your fundraiser page your most effective crowdfunding tool.
Share the Full Story with Your Audience
Potential donors view fundraiser pages as the best source of information. They expect a hub where they can learn about your cause, check out the volume of support to date, make a donation, and share your story with others. Most of all, your page needs to deepen their interest while quickly building their desire to help. Here are some tips to do just that.
2. Tell your full story on your fundraiser page so that it’s all in one place — the same location where people make donations. If you have a blog or Facebook page that you update frequently, be sure to also include those updates and photos on your fundraiser page.
3. Identify which parts of the description will help potential donors get to know the beneficiary, want to offer assistance, and feel confident that their donations will aid a great cause. Check that these details are easy to spot on your page.
Visitors Make a Decision on Your Fundraiser Page
Online donations can be impulse decisions that people make while viewing your fundraiser page, so this is the place to provide everything that they need. So if your page leaves visitors with questions or lacks inspiration, they may decide to just leave the page. To make sure your fundraiser covers the details that viewers are seeking, read How to Verify Authentic Online Fundraisers. Meanwhile, if your page is providing visitors with enough information to make a decision on the spot, they are far more likely to donate or to spread the word by sharing your fundraiser with their network.
How to Feature Links and External Content
Telling your story on various online platforms can help you reach a large audience for your cause. However, not everyone that visits your fundraiser page will take the time to go to these other sites. This is why it’s important to have this same content on your YouCaring fundraiser. Here’s how to make sure your fundraiser can garner the most support.
- Post the full content from your other sources as updates on your fundraiser, along with links to this content.
- Add a note requesting that viewers share your links with their own social networks.
- Be sure to upload new photos on other channels to your fundraiser gallery, too.