After you or a loved receives a pancreatic cancer diagnosis you may feel overwhelmed. Because the symptoms are difficult to detect, doctors rarely diagnose the disease before it has reached an advanced stage. Remember that you are not alone or powerless. Fortunately, new medical treatments and resources like crowdfunding are available to help in the battle against pancreatic cancer. Starting an online fundraiser is just one way that you can spread awareness and raise support.
Crowdfunding To Support Pancreatic Cancer
Crowdfunding provides you with the opportunity to raise money for a meaningful cause. Your fundraising efforts will support someone in the midst of their battle. By creating a pancreatic cancer research fund, you can contribute to medical advances that will improve the outlook for the estimated 53,070 adults diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2016, according to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
Fundraising for Medical Breakthroughs
Crowdfunding for pancreatic cancer research can make a difference for those battling the disease. Surprisingly it is the third most common cause of cancer-related death in the U.S., according pancreatic.com. Therefore your pancreatic research fund can help improve survival rates and impact the lives those facing pancreatic cancer. Emphasize to supporters that each donation they make could save lives. Funding research is important to catch up with the medical advances elsewhere and to get closer to a cure.
Noteworthy Organizations to Support
- National Pancreatic Cancer Foundation
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Lustgarten Foundation
- Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center
- Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund
- Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
Focus on raising awareness for pancreatic cancer during your crowdfunding campaign. You can pass out purple ribbons representing pancreatic cancer awareness during events you hold. Furthermore, you can offer a quick workshop on early cancer detection at your office or school. Knowing symptoms and warning signs is one of the best ways to improve survival rates of the disease.
Resources for Pancreatic Cancer Patients
If you’ve just received a cancer diagnosis, know there are many resources available to help you face the disease head-on. The revelation can be devastating. However once you’ve had time to process your diagnosis, consider looking for information and services that will help you cope. Your doctor and your family and friends are there to help, but you can also access resources online.
- Consider counseling. Many websites have a hotline you can call for support, information or just a friendly voice. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network lists its hotline number on its homepage. Look for support groups in your area or consider therapy to help process your feelings.
- Share your diagnosis with loved ones. Some patients find it difficult to talk to family and friends about their diagnosis. If you are dreading this conversation, you may appreciate the American Cancer Society’s page devoted to telling loved ones.
- Take advantage of clinical trials. Recently, there have been encouraging advances in pancreatic cancer research. If you are a pancreatic cancer patient, taking part in a clinical trial puts hope on the horizon. First, you may yourself benefit from the trial. Second, your participation directly aids the discovery of scientific breakthroughs to treat pancreatic cancer. Its website has a listing of trials currently taking place and offers a service to help place patients in trials.
- Look for financial assistance through crowdfunding. If you’re worried about paying for your treatment, crowdfunding can help. A campaign will help you rally support to defray the costs and provide encouragement during your treatment.
Cancer fundraising is a great way to support those facing the difficult disease. Whether you’re a pancreatic cancer patient or an individual wishing to fund hope for new treatments that can lead to a cure, get started with a free fundraiser today.