Disasters. Accidents. Emergencies. When a crisis blindsides someone, it often causes a financial burden. Knowing how to quickly raise money by crowdfunding empowers you to help ease stress and restore hope in the midst of difficulty. With these fundraising tips for raising money fast, it’s simple to learn how to become successful when there’s not a moment to lose.
12 Tips to Raise Money Quickly
1. Ask for Help
As soon as you recognize the need for financial assistance, identify someone to manage the fundraising effort. It takes time and energy to attract visibility and donations, and you may need to devote your full attention to dealing with the emergency and its aftermath. Ask family members or close friends to raise funds on your behalf. A dedicated support team is much more likely to raise funds quickly, rather than trying to do so yourself in the midst of a crisis.
2. Rely on a Plan for Rapid Results
Lack of planning leads to slow response. A strategic plan is important to make a strong start.
- Identify a clear fundraising goal, including the amount you need to raise and the deadline.
- Gather details that will help you convey your story with clarity, emotion, and frequency.
- Make lists of people to reach and creative ideas for drawing interest.
3. Create a Free Online Fundraiser
Crowdfunding is the swiftest route to finding support for personal and charitable causes. Like thousands of people who have learned how to raise money fast with YouCaring, you can count on us to help you every step of the way.
4. Choose a Title That Invites Donors In
People will decide whether to visit your fundraiser page based on the name you pick. It will show in the URL of your web page address and in online search results for similar topics. Be sure to include the name of your beneficiary and inspirational words that relate to your cause. For related tips, check out this article on Great Ideas for Naming Your Online Fundraiser.
5. Make Your Cause Easy to Find and Easy to Understand
Write a description of 400 to 1,000 words that explains the goal, the urgency of the situation, why help is needed and how funds raised will be used.
- At this length, your fundraiser page will show up more often in online search results.
- Be concise so potential donors aren’t overwhelmed with information.
- Broaden your appeal to attract a wider range of donors, such as posting details in French and English if your desired audience includes users of both languages.
- Direct people to your cause by sharing your YouCaring fundraiser page’s web page address, also known as a URL. In each message about your cause, feature the URL so people can quickly find your page to learn more and make donations.
6. Feature Inspiring Images
Photos and videos have amazing power to help people instantly connect with your beneficiary and relate to your cause.
- Many photos are better than a few. Each one adds up to a more vibrant picture of the situation and helps viewers gain a more complete understanding of the need for help.
- Videos build emotional connections more quickly than any other form of communication. You can make them easily on most camera phones.
- Images serve as wonderful tools for you and supporters to introduce your story on social networking channels.
- To see how easy we make it for anyone to share images like a pro, read this article on How to Crop a Photo for Your Fundraiser.
7. Enable Quick Donation Decisions
As the single location where people can make online donations, your fundraiser page is the best place to tell your story fully. Equip viewers to feel ready to make decisions on their first visit to your page.
- Post details and images to help people see the world from your beneficiary’s perspective.
- Be specific about how donations will make a difference to get the medical treatments you need, help rebuild a home, or allow you to pursue your dream of higher education.
- Keep content fresh by adding updates every few days, including how your beneficiary is doing, progress toward the fundraising goal, and content from your social media messages.
8. Accelerate Awareness with Social Media
Simple tools on your fundraiser page make it easy to share your story on top social networking sites. Request that people share your messages with their own connections, and always feature your fundraiser URL.
- Facebook offers several ways to boost visibility with users in just a few clicks. Target your outreach to specific Facebook pages that relate to your cause. Adjust your Facebook page settings for maximum visibility. For just a few dollars, you can sponsor a Facebook post to reach people interested in causes like yours. Read more in this article Facebook Fundraising 101.
- For quick tips on using other social media channels, read these blogs The Power of Promoting Your Fundraiser Online, Seven Tips for Online Fundraising on YouTube and Seven Steps to Using Twitter for Online Fundraising.
- Build your network, reach out to people and groups through their social channels and private messages. Social media is social: to raise money fast in the event of a crisis, sometimes you have to move outside your comfort zone and ask people to help—and they almost always will.
9. Spread the Word in Person
Create a flyer or postcard that introduces your cause and features the fundraiser page URL. Hand it out to every person you meet. Ask local stores and community centers to post it. Knock on doors throughout your neighborhood to request donations.
10. Attract News Coverage
Reach reporters with the tips from this article Five Tips for Writing Your Fundraiser Press Release. Conduct a quick online search to find news outlets and journalists covering topics similar to your cause. Start with local press, and expand outward as you grow. Email them the press release. Follow up with them by phone, email or social media. If you know people who know people, it’s very important to ask them to make an introduction. Folks in the press are always looking for a great story: if you have one, share it.
11. Hire a Megaphone for Your Press Release
Paying to distribute your press release will broadcast your fundraiser to a broad range of reporters and news publications. PRNewswire, PRWeb, and similar paid press release sites make massive distribution easy. They also offer tools to make your news release more likely to show up in online search results. The cost depends upon the audiences and features that you select for your announcement.
12. Thank Supporters
Expressing gratitude on your fundraiser page helps viewers understand the difference their contribution has made. Donors love to hear from you, and your gratitude may inspire them to continue to spread the word to others. Potential supporters will get a quick idea of what it feels like to be part of your story. Check out these 20 Affordable Ways to Thank Donors for ideas.
When you need to raise money in a pinch, crowdfunding is your solution. And now that you know how to raise money fast, let’s get started. Create your free fundraiser today. For more fundraising advice read these ideas.