Online fundraising requires a third-party credit card processor. These donation processors allow for money to be safely collected and transferred online, but they do charge small fees for this service.
YouCaring offers two donation processor choices: WePay and PayPal. Each offers a secure payment platform and charges the same fee: 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction. These fees are deducted from each donation. For example, if someone donates $100, the donation processor withholds $3.20 from the funds distributed to the beneficiary.
To find out which donation processor is the best choice for your fundraiser, read our guide below.
With over $400 million in donations raised on YouCaring, we’ve learned the ins and outs of each donation processor. We see up to 50% more donations get completed for fundraisers that utilize WePay compared to those that use PayPal. WePay offers the simplest, easiest process for people to make donations by credit card. Many individuals who manage YouCaring crowdfunding fundraisers have achieved great success with WePay as their donation processor.
When choosing between PayPal and WePay, consider where you want funds to be deposited (such as if you have an existing PayPal account) or how you need the funds disbursed. (WePay can send a check, while PayPal cannot).
Given that everyone’s needs are different, we’ve summarized the benefits of each donation processor below so you have all the information you need to make the best selection for your fundraiser.
- The best option if you want the funds you raised to be disbursed as a check. (PayPal and Stripe deposit funds to bank accounts only.)
- A simple, easy process for making donations by credit card, with no need to create a WePay account.
- Accepts online donations made via all major international debit and credit cards, and via electronic bank transfers.
- Available for organizers based in the US only.
Learn more at WePay.com.
- Fundraisers can access donations quickly because deposits to their PayPal accounts are available right away.
- When PayPal requires a donor to create a user account, it takes five days to confirm and activate the account.
- Accepts donations made via credit cards and PayPal accounts.
- Available for organizers based in the US and international locations.
Get more details at PayPal.com.
Switching Donation Processors
You can change your donation processor for your fundraiser at any time throughout your campaign. Just email [email protected] with your request and include the link to your fundraiser. Our customer service team will help you make the switch easily.