Now that you made the decision to go on a volunteer trip, it’s time to figure out the best option for raising the funds to cover program expenses. The crowdfunding model is a popular way for people to raise money to fund a cause. Crowdfunding takes fundraising online to expand your reach of potential donors. It offers you a platform to explain the inspiration behind your volunteer trip and how your efforts aid communities in need. Your crowdfunding campaign helps spread awareness about global issues. Others will take inspiration from your compassion and may follow your lead.
For those of you who are new to crowdfunding, use this Fundraising for Volunteer Trips: How-To Guide to get equipped to succeed. And for those who are familiar, read on to discover new tips and ideas to enhance your crowdfunding campaign.
How To Setup Your Campaign for Success
- Develop a fundraising plan. Having an organized road map will help you avoid complications down the line.
- Set a specific fundraising goal. Make a list of all your preparation and travel expenses, then identify which costs you need help covering, and when you need these funds. Outlining where the funds are allocated offers a type of transparency that donors appreciate.
- Select a title for your fundraiser that informs viewers and makes them want to learn more.
- Add photos and video to help visitors connect with your cause and motivate them to make donations.
- Be a storyteller. In your campaign description explain why you want to volunteer. Your inspiration for volunteering will create a compelling campaign and motivate people to donate.
How To Boost Your Donations
- Write a fundraising letter to connect with more donors. A well-written letter that encapsulates your motivation to volunteer and how this experience is an investment in your future resonates with people.
- When fundraising for volunteer trips conciser creating a custom URL and personalized hashtag for your volunteer trip fundraiser. When you talk with people offline about your trip, give them the URL or hashtag, so they can quickly find it and donate online.
- Capitalize on your social network. You can expand your reach of potential donors by using social media to promote your fundraiser. When you share your campaign on social media, request that viewers share your story with their connections.
- Start a blog to chronicle your volunteer travel and create a community to follow your cause. This allows donors to stay up to date with your journey and to see how their donations are contributing to your efforts.
- Holding an offline fundraising event in tandem with your campaign can boost donations and help spread awareness. Check out these fundraising event ideas for mission trips.
- Remember to thank your donors. There are several ways to express your gratitude to donors for their contribution to your volunteer trip. Consider giving them a shout out on social media or write a thank you letter.
Benefits to YouCaring’s Compassionate Crowdfunding ™
YouCaring is the leader in free online fundraising because they believe that no one should face hardship alone. Your passionate desire to give back fits well with their mission of Compassionate Crowdfunding ™ . Here are some key advantages to fundraising for volunteer trips with YouCaring.
- Unlike other crowdfunding platforms, YouCaring has no fee. They never charge anyone to use their site so you can keep more of your money. Instead they rely on donors to fund their cause, just like you.
- The donation process is safe and secure, which can help offset any hesitation donors may have to giving to your campaign.
- The simple interface makes setting up a campaign fast and simple. And the social media integration makes the sharing process easy.
- If you have a question regarding your campaign or need help of any kind, YouCaring offers live chat for support.
- YouCaring offers a list of effective fundraising ideas and helpful tips. Keep up to date with their blog to find crowdfunding advice, how-to’s, and case studies for inspiration.
Whether you are going on a short-term medical mission trip or a long-term environmental service work trip, or if you are raising funds for a mission trip to Africa, YouCaring can help you reach your goals.
Launch your volunteer trip fundraiser today.