Crowdfunding for students is emerging as a popular solution to covering education costs. It is no secret that the cost of college is expensive. Want to avoid debts that plague many graduates for years? By using our three keys to crowdfunding for college fundraising, it’s easy for you to learn how to afford the education of your dreams.
1. Write Your Story & Share It
Student crowdfunding sites brim with fundraising requests. Figure out what makes your personal story stand out, and champion it.
- Create a free online fundraiser, so that you keep more of the money you raise. It’s a great way to show how much you value every dollar donated.
- Write your heart out. On your fundraiser page, start with a clear and complete description of your goal and exactly how you will use funds raised. Invite compassion by talking about your hopes, dreams and stresses. Add videos and photos that move people to want to make donations and share your story.
- Promote your campaign on social media. Reach out to people who are likely to join in crowdfunding for tuition fees, such as groups of professionals in the field of study you plan to pursue. Request that viewers introduce your cause to their social networks. Always include the URL of your fundraiser page.
2. Offer Clever Rewards
Whether you are crowdfunding for college tuition, graduate study or international education, you can build support rapidly with creative incentives.
- Make T-shirts that commemorate your cause, as a reward for anyone who donates $25.
- To encourage donations from alumni of your desired academic institution, offer a prize of taking them to lunch on campus.
- Utilize your skills for college fundraising. Offer larger donors the chance to learn a new skills like resume writing, how to play an instrument, how to code, or other talents you can teach.
3. Express Gratitude
Thank everyone who donates and shares your cause. Donors love to hear from you, and might even choose to offer more support. For potential donors, it helps them imagine what it would like to be part of your story and help change your life.
- Say thank you in updates on your fundraiser page and in social media messages.
- On your fundraiser page, we’ve made it easy to send a message to each donor who chooses to provide contact information through email or Facebook. Or you can write a donation thank you letter.
- When someone posts a message on your fundraiser page, take a moment to respond. Let them know that you are listening and appreciate the effort they made to reach out.