Facebook is one of the most popular sites on the internet. Everyday millions of people spend hours reading posts about their friends and acquaintances lives. Often times a well written post can be shared hundreds of times amplifying the reach far beyond the originators intentions. With all of the potential that it holds, here is a beginners guide to fundraising with Facebook.
Facebook is an effective fundraising tool, in fact it creates nearly 70% of all the traffic coming to YouCaring fundraisers. Status updates drive traffic, with links to a personal fundraising page. This is because a status update is the easiest way to spread news about your crowdfunding campaign, and is likely to be seen much more often than an event or a group.
The key to writing an effective status update is to create appeal. Here is a short list of things To Do, and Not To Do while writing a status update.
- Make it personal, share a little bit of your story and why you are fundraising
- Create 2-3 different ones, this will help you to see which one gains the most attention
- Write updates regularly and thank your donors
- Create a custom URL for your fundraiser and add the link to your updates
- Spam your friends
- Beg for money
- Forget to say how a donation will help
- Tell people how to give
Useful Resources for Fundraising With Facebook
- Why Sharing on Social Media Matters
- Facebook Fundraising 101
- How to Use Facebook Advertising for Your Fundraiser
- Maintaining a Facebook Page for Your Fundraiser
- How to Start a Facebook Page for Your Fundraiser