Bear for an angel is a non profit organisation who relies on public support to raise funds to keep up our work which has proved to be vital for bereaved families who are grieving after the loss of a baby or child,
We get no financial support from the government
Bear for an angel are determined to make a change,Our Aims are:
- Provide an emotional support network via our Facebook & Twitter pages to ease the isolation of baby loss.
- Connect grieving families via our social media pages & give a bear option a wonderful gift to give to another bereaved family.
- Provide funding or free no sew bear packages to provide comfort at times of sadness and to make memories in the UK after later loss from 28 weeks gestation to 21 years.
- Provide free bags of love to bereaved parents after loss in early pregnancy to provide acknowledgement in the UK.
- Provide free acknowledgements of life for any loss in the UK who didn't receive a birth certificate.
- Provide free memorial pages in partnership with Much Loved.
- Raise awareness of pregnancy, baby & child loss by events, flyers and advertising.
Our slogan is "comfort in a cuddle"
because our bears are a cuddly companion to hug, filling empty arms and helping grieving hearts to find comfort, while acknowledging the lives of precious babies sadly gone too soon.
We have grown to over 11,000 members on our Facebook page
We have helped over 600 families receive a package
We funded 36 Xmas comfort packages (DEC 2016)
For more information: see www.bearforanangel.com
To apply for a bfaa memory bear www.bearforanangel.com/Receive-a-bear.html
Or give a bear today: www.bearforanangel.com/give-a-bear.html