Posted on July 10, 2017
Let me tell you why I do the work I do with BaredFeet, Co. and why I have formed a non-profit. Perhaps it will connect some dots for you and encourage you to help me get my work off the ground. This initial fundraiser will help me determine the future of this not-for-profit...
1. A LACK OF WELLNESS EDUCATION: I found through my own struggles that there isn't enough in the way of teaching children what their emotions are and how to manage them (adults battle this - and don't realize how much it impacts them), many people don't understand how food works in their body, fitness is often sought for aesthetic reasons and our fundamental alignment muscles are underdeveloped (leading to a myriad of issues), spirituality is such a personally deep thing - and we lack the language to talk about our differences and feelings, and so many today's children are often Highly Sensitive or on the Autisim Spectrum without enough education and empathic understanding. I appreciate good food, that I understand mental health, that I have felt how amazing my body is, and that I have compassion. I want to empower people with all these things - teaching people to connect to their true selves and each other, to trust themselves, and just how far you can go in life with wellness from the inside out. And that none of us is alone in any of our struggles!
2. JOY AND CREATIVITY: We are each made by God. Beautiful, unique, intentional spirits. Yet our human nature has conditioned us to desire to belong, feel not enough, and maybe even put perfection before joy. The magical timelessness of being utterly present. I love watching people's spirits shine when they relax into creativity - this is the force that drives me and helps me make sense of the world while we are here.
3. GOD: God is with us. We are one. I am so grateful to have the Faith that I have and the amazing life-saving positive impacts it has had on my life. To know that I am eternally unconditionally loved and given so much support even when I feel I don't deserve it - we always do. I am compelled to help others through their faith journey.
4. MONEY: It is expensive to be alive today. Health is not only ridiculously costly - I believe it should be free, but it is also LAST ON MANY PEOPLE's financial priorities. I have seen it time and time again, perhaps due to ignorance of its real importance, but I know because it's one of the few things that is in our own power to say "no I can't afford that". Children especially - my own family cannot keep up with the cost of activities they wish to pursue. What I have to share feels so vital I cannot ask people to directly pay for it. I CAN ask people to support my mission!
5. PEACE: I have personally experienced many many many times over that when I am feeling my best each day that I am more positive, open, kind, patience and attract abundance. When I have peace I share peace. I seek wellness yes for the future, but mostly for today - to make today the best and most peaceful. And if we all work on our own inner peace I really believe we will achieve great amounts of peace in the world.
Please consider making a financial contribution! It would mean so much to me, the children I work with, and the families who appreciate it. I also hope I can help make a difference in your life. Contact me if you'd like to make a donation through another avenue.