Armed & Safe is a 501(c)3 non-profit organized for the purpose of firearm education and safety. As such, we aim to provide a comprehensive suite of programs, classes, and seminars designed to promote safe, legal, and responsible firearm use and ownership.
Currently, Armed & Safe does not have an office open to the public; the goal of this fundraising campaign is to raise the funds necessary to purchase land, construct a workshop and outdoor range, outfit our workshops with the tools and equipment necessary to operate safe, fun, and informative classes, and cover the administrative costs associated with the aforementioned goals. We are focused on the greater central North Carolina area as the physical location for our flagship campus, with an ambitious expansion plan for the future.
Some of the programs, classes, and seminars Armed & Safe is proud to offer include:
- takes a holistic approach to identifying, and mitigating or eliminating potential threat from both within the home and without, from discussing steps homeowners can take to make their home a less attractive target for intruders, to hardening points of entry, armed self-defense in the home, and information on safe storage resources and laws. Our long-term vision for this program also includes accepting and picking-up donations of used gun safes, and making them available to those in need.
- designed to promote educated and rational conversations regarding firearms, policy, and the law among various stakeholders, to include lawmakers, journalists, medical professionals, and other educators. Whenever there is a tragedy involves firearms that grips the country's attention, there is inevitably a call for a "national conversation" on firearms. We at Armed & Safe believe that conversations are a vital tool for finding common ground and making wise decisions. While Armed & Safe will not advocate for any particular change to policy or law, we believe that we can provide a necessary service by ensuring that those having the conversation are provided with accurate and unbiased information.
- conducted so as to ensure that those that own firearms value them, and those that don't value firearms don't own them. Upon receipt of a firearm, Armed & Safe will ensure that it is legal and safe to own, at which time it will be transferred to a Federal Firearm Licensee for sale on consignment. Those turning in firearms will be given a pre-paid debit card.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Armed & Safe is a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity, we do NOT meet the definition of being "engaged in the business" of dealing in firearms, per 18 USC 921 (a)(21)(C), and thus are not subject to the regulations of the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- providing instruction on how to safely load and reload metallic cartridges and shotgun shells; understanding how ammunition is constructed and functions is a critical element of safe firearm ownership and operation, and the Armed & Safe LoadSafe class will provide expert instruction on developing ammunition loads. Additionally, upon certification, students will be welcome back to use our facility for reloading, and to use our range and chronographs for testing loaded ammunition in a safe environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Armed & Safe is a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity, we do NOT meet the definition of being "engaged in the business" of dealing in firearms, per 18 USC 921 (a)(21)(B), and thus are not subject to the regulations of the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- fundamental to being a safe, and informed firearm owner is having a thorough knowledge of how a firearm operates. Our BuildSafe classes are designed to impart that knowledge to students by giving them the resources to complete unfinished frames and receivers using Armed & Safe tools and equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Armed & Safe is a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity, we do NOT meet the definition of being "engaged in the business" of dealing in firearms, per 18 USC 921 (a)(21)(A), and thus are not subject to the regulations of the Gun Control Act of 1968.
In addition to the aforementioned programs and classes, Armed & Safe will develop a wide variety of educational activities to improve the knowledge of the communities that we serve, such in Interaction with Law Enforcement While Armed, to classes designed to protect and identify firearms, such as Anodizing, Cerakoting, Plating, and Engraving.
Armed & Safe has a great vision for what is possible, and it is our goal to hold our Grand Opening on October 22nd, 2018. With your donation, we can make that vision a reality.
While Armed & Safe is humbly grateful for any and all donations, we are asking all members of the public who share our vision for firearm safety and education to contribute just $5. For those who are not in a position to donate, we appreciate you taking the time to share our message among your friends and family, and encourage them to do the same.
For those that wish to receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donation, please contact: [email protected]
If you would like to make a contribution via mail, please make your check or money order out to: Armed & Safe, Inc. and mail to:
Armed & Safe
1102 North Glenwood Trail
Southern Pines, NC