The primary objective for this educational documentary is to change the prescribing practices for Benzodiazepines--Xanax, Valium, and Ativan to name a few. The video synopsis in the gallery above reveals how these medications compromised the lives of millions of men, women and children worldwide for over sixty years.
In 2017 Advocates for Social Reform held The International Benzodiazepine Symposium (TIBS) a gathering of health care professionals and experts focused on the evidence based potential dangers from a long-term relationship with Benzodiazepines and the importance of safe prescribing practices.
Our goals include:
*To create a framework for the beneficial use of benzodiazepines, along with appropriate guidelines and warnings by pharmaceutical companies and prescribing physicians regarding the serious side effects of prolonged use of these medications.
*To find common ground between the psycho-pharmaceutical industry and those whose lives have been compromised by benzodiazepines.
This film will address the following questions in an evidence based manner:
- Is there a role for benzodiazepine use for anxiety states and insomnia?
- What are non-benzodiazepine approaches to anxiety states and insomnia?
- What are the adverse reactions seen with benzodiazepine use?
- What is the difference between ‘dependence’ and ‘addiction’ when it comes to benzodiazepines?
- How are benzodiazepine's adverse reactions identified and treated, particularly during benzodiazepine withdrawal and post-withdrawal recovery?
Your generous contributions to this full length documentary will help reach millions of patients, practitioners, and those who have been adversely affected by benzodiazepines with a message of education, hope and recovery.
Thank you for your support.
Founder of Advocates for Social Reform